Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This is the best Brighton team ever......

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wish list probably looks like :

At least one striker, possibly two (replacement for Hemed as he'll leave, if Ulloa doesn't stay then replacement for him too)
Cover for Gross (Baldock replacement ?)
At least one CM (replacement for Sidwell)
At least one winger (replacement for Skalak that's better than March/Knocky)
New right back (cover/competition for Schelotto as I think Bruno will be done at the end of this season)

All incoming ideally better than current 'first names on the teamsheet'

A midfielder with pace, shooting ability and strength and stamina to run from box to box with and without the ball, ideally left footed, Precision long and short passer, hard to shift off the ball and aerially excellent.

This and this. Attacking dynamo allrounder in MF with a sharp/wizard striker up top. Worth getting the cheque book out TB.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
We need a top quality central midfielder to truly give Propper & Stephens some competition. Love Kayal, but he's not quite in their class.

This, I agree with. For me a triumvirate of Propper/Stephens/Wilshere would be a great rotation and take away the "Without Stephens" problem. Costly yes but fees for Kayal/Skalak/Hemed would mitigate it to a degree..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As a kid, yeah. I have watched games from the 60s through to the 80s on tv and, personally, I find today's football far more enjoyable. The pitches back then seem to really reduce the technical aspects of the game.

See I would argue because of the pitch you needed better touch, because it could come at obscure angles, whereas today it’s easy because of the excellent surface.

Interestingly, I got to play (in a training game) with a Ryman team I was supposed to be coaching, a couple of years ago (I was 48 then), and for me the biggest difference was actually the ball! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think the football we are playing has at times been superb, world class almost. The margins are so fine as yesterday showed us but the progress the team are showing gives me huge encouragement that we will not only be playing EPL next season but making inroads on becoming a team that will be challenging for a European spot in 3-5 seasons time. Those who said Chris Hughton is a negative manager & would be too defensive have been proved wrong in my opinion. I love the stuff we are playing & believe that we are only going to get better with quality players no longer afraid to join us, in fact some of those who over the past few years thought themselves too good for us are finding themselves proven wrong. We are on an upwards trajectory & I for one am enjoying the style of football we are playing, is this the best Albion team ever? It is the best I have ever seen & I have been watching since 1975.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here