Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be shitting it...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have been ever since the final whistle against Arsenal and will be until we're safe.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Besides we'll ****ing smash palace the week after.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If we lose next weekend we're down IMO, can't see us getting anything after next weekend so a win is a must and 37 will have to be enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would suddenly make staying up look a whole lot harder. And we've played so well for such long periods of the season that we don't deserve that.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Yep. Loose next weekend and we’re going down

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No, because I believe we can get points against Spurs and/or Man U and even against Liverpool or Man C if they are meaningless games for oppo. It may not seem like it, but we may be lucky playing top teams late in season.

kennyb

May 23, 2004
gut feeling we might beat Man U at home as they will have little to play for though i do think we will beat Huddersfield

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No because we won't lose next Saturday.

There's 7 other teams in a worse position than the Albion currently and who would almost certainly change places with us given the chance.

Nothing to worry about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I said after the Arsenal game, I didn't like the 'we are staying up' chants. I don't like the idea that it's 'job done'. Last season we built the entire season on promotion, nothing more. So when we achieved that v Wigan, we celebrated, job done. Then let up for the rest of the season and failed to win the title despite a 7 point lead over 2nd place. We'd made such a big deal about promotion being the aim that we weren't up for fight for the title.

We have made survival in the premier the only aim this season. Snap your hand off for 17th place. We just about beat an underperforming, out-of-sorts, low on confidence Arsenal and celebrate like we did - the players did too. It was like there was an assumption it was job done. I know Hughton has been talking about not being safe yet, but he also talked about winning the title last season while we struggle to get up for the fight in any of the games. Making mistakes, not taking our chances. etc. We have Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Tottenham to play, long with a Huddersfield side we always struggle against, an in form Burnley side, and an anything can happen derby away against Palace. That is not a run in that feels me with confidence.

Maybe we'll stay up even if we don't win another point (WBA, Stoke, Southampton and West Ham are all struggling though a couple of wins changes everything).

I really wish we had an attitude of seeing our targets as a bare minimum rather than the be-all end-all.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Shitting it for what exactly? The possibility of being relegated and watching exciting football in the Championship as we have done in previous seasons ( Hyppia excluded ), or shitting it because we may have to go through this all over again next season?
Either way......:albion2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And despite their winless/goalless run at the start of the season, I can see Palace finishing comfortably above us, and that would be a serious disappointment to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here