Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mugged ourselves there

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
They were better over 90 minutes. That’s what spending £100m’s on wages and fees buys you. PL pens get missed all the time.

No they really weren’t. We were the much better team until it got to the edge of the Leicester box, I think the fact all 4 of their defenders got booked highlights this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They were better over 90 minutes. That’s what spending £100m’s on wages and fees buys you. PL pens get missed all the time.

Don’t normally disagree with you, but.....

Felt we dominated large parts, penalty was key, feel a bit robbed.

Lots of positives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
3 sitters missed including the pen ....cant do that against a team like lester and expect to get away with it ....even though we played pretty well and more than matched them ...you have to bury your chances when they come......

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How on earth have you worked that out?! They were dire

Even game first 70 minutes, last 20 plus stoppage time they bossed up. They sensed we were knackered. Maguire was able to become a CF. How many teams at 0-0 are able to pull that stunt?

We did our best, every Albion player gave their all.

It happens in the PL. Very high spending clubs normally edge it come final whistle over the rest.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How were we robbed?

By being the better team for the vast majority of the game. Murray two bad misses.

Not robbed due to a decision by an official, but by our own inabilities, perhaps the wrong phrase contextually.

I really enjoyed the game and thought in general we were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
3 sitters missed including the pen ....cant do that against a team like lester and expect to get away with it ....even though we played pretty well and more than matched them ...you have to bury your chances when they come......

100% agree.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Even game first 70 minutes, last 20 plus stoppage time they bossed up. They sensed we were knackered. Maguire was able to become a CF. How many teams at 0-0 are able to pull that stunt?

We did our best, every Albion player gave their all.

It happens in the PL. Very high spending clubs normally edge it come final whistle over the rest.

I have to disagree. Thought overall we were much the better team for the first 70

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
To sum up then, we were good but not good enough against a poor team who were better than us at finishing than us and thats why we need to spend millions to do better next year we must close out games and not keep a 34 year old on to take penalties perhaps we can trade him in for Vardy

Or maybe it just a case of well done Leicester, you took your chance and that is what wins games.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO we did well to hold them, they're a better, more established team than us who ought to win that game on paper. But in reality we could have taken something from the game. Point probably would have been a fair one.

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
1st team outside the top 4 to beat us at home & until they scored their (offside?) 2nd you wouldn’t have bet on that result... speaks volumes IMO. We played well but there were few chances for either side. They took theirs we didn’t. It was Man Utd in the cup all over again

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here