Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever bumped into someone you know?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I sustained an injury at Lewes Bonfire years ago, ended up at Brighton Eye Hospital. The nurse was someone I went to school with (not Brighton). I found out from her that one of my best friends from school was living very near me

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Reading festival 1990 a group of pissed and or drug addled lads came over to have a natter late into the night. One of them turned out to be a friend of my brother's and mine who had moved away from our road a couple of years before.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
New York.

how do people you know just appear in front of you walking down broadway..........

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Riding a moped on a remote road in a Greek Island and bloke also on a moped coming the other way worked about three desks away.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Reading festival 1990 a group of pissed and or drug addled lads came over to have a natter late into the night. One of them turned out to be a friend of my brother's and mine who had moved away from our road a couple of years before.

That's AMAZING!! :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On holiday with in laws some years ago in Mevagissey a chap in front of us in the queue in Kelly's Ice Cream Parlour was the secretary of my father in laws angling society but he was not with his wife !!. Red faces all round.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sat on a plane at Gatwick about to fly to Amsterdam and my cousin got on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did a year travelling around Australia in my early 20s - working in a hotel cafe and in walks someone from senior school who sat behind me in Miss Cowls form - shared the same surname as me as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bumped into an old work colleague, when walking around the Eden project, way back.
Was trying to avoid him, but eventually met him in the food hall :shootself

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Probably my college maths teacher walking past me, my dad and my brother at Notting Hill carnival a few years back

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On holiday in Swanage in 1968 and a girl from my class at school trots past on the beach.

Strolling through the centre of Amsterdam in 1989 and I bumped into the assistant manage from the Royal Pavillion Tavern, who regularly used to proposition me (and the other good looking ones) when I worked there in 1979.

The funning thng about coincidences is how rare they actually are. If you work out the odds then on average, over time, they occur with the same frequency as one would expect.

Now, who would EVER have thought that? Spooky, that's what I call it! :lizard::smokin:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Bumped into my boss whilst ordering lunch in a Brussels restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On my way to Goa, the plane stopped off at Bahrain for a couple of hours for refuelling. I was sat at the airport bar minding my own business when this whiney voice piped up: 'Excuse me, do you by any chance get the 7.02 from Preston Park to Victoria?' and sure enough it was some bloke I vaguely recognised from the platform. He then sat down and proceeded to spend the next half hour - though it felt like several days - moaning about the trains. Sake! When I got back home I spent the next few months trying desperately to avoid him. Eventually he took the hint.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Walking across the open area in front of Buckingham Palace on my way to Victoria a former schoolmate shouted my name out - they'd just come out of a Buck House garden party
Was tapped on the shoulder by a former colleague I hadn't seen for 20 years..........on the funicular railway at the Corcovado in Rio de Janeiro
Once stood up at the end of a flight back from Singapore to find I had former colleagues (from different firms) seated directly in front and behind which was a bit bizarre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here