PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 31st March 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Andre Marriner

TEAM NEWS

Brighton midfielder Dale Stephens has been unable to train this week and could miss a third successive match.

Gaetan Bong is available after a thigh injury but on-loan forward Leonardo Ulloa is ineligible against his parent club and Anthony Knockaert is banned.

Leicester forward Kelechi Iheanacho might feature despite breaking his hand on international duty with Nigeria.

Harry Maguire has overcome cramp but Matty James has suffered another Achilles problem and will miss out.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Tony Husband: "This is Brighton's 100th home top-flight match and, while they'll only whisper it quietly in the corridors of the Amex, three more points this weekend would go a long way to ensuring that tally increases.

"Only Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea have won on the south coast this season. It's the best home record of the three promoted clubs and those foundations should ultimately bear fruit in May.

"For Leicester, their exit from the FA Cup means it's all about a strong finish in the league. Claude Puel finished eighth in his first season in England with Southampton, and seventh may well take the Foxes back to Europe. That could depend on Jamie Vardy continuing his fine goalscoring form."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "We also have some very difficult games in our last eight.

"We know how difficult it can be and we have to make sure we secure our status as quick as possible. We would be no different to any one of the other 10, 11 teams around us."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel: "I think they (Brighton) are secure now. They play in the position in the middle of the table.

"Now I think they can play with freedom and quality and just think about their play and not about being safe so they can be a dangerous team. It will be a tough game."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]They haven't met at the Amex Stadium since December 2013 - a Championship fixture which Brighton won 3-1.
    [*=left]Leicester are without a win in the last four league encounters at Brighton (D1, L3).

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have won three successive home league matches, equalling a top-flight record they last achieved in September 1982.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost just one of their last six league games (W3, D2).
    [*=left]Brighton have scored a Premier League-low seven goals from set pieces this season.
    [*=left]Only Watford (20) have conceded more goals from set pieces than the Seagulls (18).
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored six goals in his six home games in all competitions in 2018.

Leicester

• [*=left]Leicester's 4-1 victory at West Brom last time out ended a run of five winless away league matches (D1, L4).
    [*=left]They have not kept a clean sheet in their last six league fixtures.
    [*=left]Riyad Mahrez has been directly involved in 18 league goals (10 goals, eight assists) this season, double his overall tally from the 2016-17 campaign.
    [*=left]Mahrez has scored against both other promoted clubs, Newcastle and Huddersfield, this season.
    [*=left]Jamie Vardy has scored in four of Leicester's last five away league games.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Nipping out to the club for some liquid Easter comfort and will be back to follow this one in the wee hours.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Today could seal our fate so lets go for it. 3 Points will be very difficult but not impossible. I am hopeful of Davy Propper getting his first goal for us.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's not a top six club so I hope we can all get excited about this game. Some may think it's just a matter of turning up but this is a club who, in reality, are our equal and so I'm expecting a good game. A draw would be good but I believe we can win this match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Enjoy, will be up on the clouds

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really need to avoid a 3rd loss in a row, and to keep the points total ticking over.

:albion2:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm with BG on this one. It's about time our midfield started to have a pop on goal( or goalkeeper parries the shot, Murray taps in)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very tricky game, Mahrez and Vardy are just too good in their day and the whole team always seem to give their best every time.
We are going to have to play very well to get anything and we will have to deal with the above 2, I think maybe Dale would have played a big part stopping those long accurate passes up to Vardy from midfield that he loves.
More than happy with a point, 3 would be a gas.
I use Leicester as a yardstick to where we could be in the near future (without the PL winners medal) I like their players and the way they play in a team with no superstars, Vardy still reminds me of a very good non league player and Mahrez has now unfortunately settled back down again, I don't think we are that far behind at the moment.
Time for Locadia today methinks.

If, like me you suddenly found you had a spare today, you may not realise that the season ticket exchange is still active. I listed my spare and it sold in less than 20 minutes.

There is currently just one normal seat (plus a dozen or so seats with lounge access) left, so if you have a seaon ticket and can’t make it, be sure to list it as available. It’s now dead simples and took less than two minutes.

This is the link you need: https://www.seagullstickets.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=documents/html/resale.html

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea how the match will turn out*, but just want to say how nice it is to have a match day thread again - it's been too long!

*The way Leicester play, fast, pressing, and lightning quick on the counter gives me a little concern - not our ideal sort of opponent. If you could offer me a point now I would take it.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Three points would be simply lovely today!

I've bet on 3-2 mainly for cash out potential..

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Three points would be simply lovely today!

I've bet on 3-2 mainly for cash out potential..

We have a friend who uses the cash out options on various different sites to good effect using the 3-1 3-2 scores, nice if you have the time to sit on these bets but anything in the +10 zone he is out , yes quite a few have finished at the predicted score but more often than not he makes a profit because of the cash out .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My son is away this weekend and I have finally persuaded Mrs H to attend with me so behave yourselves

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
We have a friend who uses the cash out options on various different sites to good effect using the 3-1 3-2 scores, nice if you have the time to sit on these bets but anything in the +10 zone he is out , yes quite a few have finished at the predicted score but more often than not he makes a profit because of the cash out .

Yes it can work quite well. Odds were 48-1 on betfair exchange so there’s a good chance of a cash out if a couple of goals go in and it’s not looking totally one-sided...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here