[Football] The Derby Way, 2017-18 edition

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where’s Walton ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Frank seems to be a decent manager so far. The decision to honour the cup and play his first team against us when he had a lot of important games stacked up was naive but if they stick with him he could get them up next year.

He’ll get away with missing out on the play offs this year.

Promotion this year followed by relegation next year usually = the sack.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I like Frank Lampard. Intelligent pundit, but took the hard route of football management rather than the easy and we'll paid punditry job he could have had for years. Don't really give a toss for Derby either way, but good to see top level players trying their hand at management

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's always a year too soon ... that's the Derby way
"It's not about promotion, it's about playing the Derby way".*

Surely the greatest quote ever.

*Mel Morris who is now looking to sell Derby as he's £3m a week down and counting...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't stand Derby. In fact I don't like any Midland club. Use to think West Brom.were ok.until.Bong gate. Coventry are just about acceptable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Had a sparkie round my shared house recently, who is a massive Chelsea supporter, but doesn't go.

He bought tickets for himself and his son in the Derby end, when they played us in the cup a few weeks ago, because he loves 'Our Frank'.

Hope the sparkie mis wires one day, prick.

Almost identical story. One of my bosses is a palace fan (she's okay actually) but her husband and sons are Chelsea. She trotted out the same line 'My husband and son went to see "Our Frank" against Brighton blah blah'. Funny that Derby were so crap. They sat right behind his seat in the west so must have seen his disappointment lol.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen Bennett's equaliser from last night - that's one hell of a goal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have warmed to Fat Frank, he was a decent pundit and he seems to be a very honest and reasonable first time manager. But then I quite like Derby and would be pleased to see them promoted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After a tremendous Rooney-inspired run, to get their collective hopes up, they’ve just completed this season’s Derby Way :clap2:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was just having a CHUCKLE about this. Always a season highlight. Marvellous scenes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
After a tremendous Rooney-inspired run, to get their collective hopes up, they’ve just completed this season’s Derby Way :clap2:

Six points adrift of the play offs with two games to go :lol: I'm sure Wayne has justified every penny of his vast wages. Not that Derby care, of course, with a betting company paying for him.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Six points adrift of the play offs with two games to go :lol: I'm sure Wayne has justified every penny of his vast wages. Not that Derby care, of course, with a betting company paying for him.

Are you suggesting they've taken a shed-load of cash from fans expecting them to be promoted? Surely that's not the way to treat the club's loyal supporters........

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Are you suggesting they've taken a shed-load of cash from fans expecting them to be promoted? Surely that's not the way to treat the club's loyal supporters........

Not all: merely that a particular betting company has evidently taken a cheeky gamble on Derby getting promoted. And lost all their chips.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Not all: merely that a particular betting company has evidently taken a cheeky gamble on Derby getting promoted. And lost all their chips.

OK, so the shed with the cash is on a lorry headed to Wayney. I would still expect that quite a bit of it was recovered from supporters thinking they were on a good thing. There must have been very good odds available in January.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here