Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Most Expensive Travel to Burnley

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Cheapest, schmeapest.

Wondering if this is the most expensive/most convoluted ever trip to a Seagulls game...

The originating occasion is Happy Nuptuals at the Humble Grass Shack on April 6th. The unfortunate BRIDE is Kim Livingston Seagull, so no acronymic issue there at least. Then honeymoon with ultimate destination of BURNLEY as follows:

Depart Maui (via United Airlines) to Fort Lauderdale Florida Friday April 13th (good choice of date, eh?) $1,350 round trip.
Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, via CRUISE arrive Saturday April 28, 5.30am. $6,456 for 2.
Drinks package and side trips plus gratuities during PASSAGE (so far) $2,100 (guaranteed DTs on arrival)
Southampton to Manchester International, Flybe, arrive 11am. $186 for 2.
Train ticket for son (studying at Kingston) to Manchester 26 quid = $36 (nice one eh?)
Mate in Manchester (a Massive fan, alas) picks us up, pit stop for swift pints and pie. $105.
Tickets to game (KLS x 2, Mate and son, my son) 130 quid = $182.
Refreshments at Turf Moor for 5 during and after IMPORTANT WIN = $105.:albion2:

Grand Total: $10,520 or approx 7,364 of your English pounds.
Miles: 15,000 round-trip
Length of Trip, Maui to BURNLEY: 15 days.

Worth every penny I have no doubt and important INITIATION for "the other" KLS ("Sacker? Why Albion? Why does Hooton need an Army? Who is this Stevie Gritt and why no hair? etc. etc.)

Upon arrival back home, destination is Debtor's Prison on palm-fringed, shark-infested REEF.

But still, Shirley some kind of Combined Record?
:thumbsup:

BTW, what is a good drinking point near Turf Moor?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Cheapest, schmeapest.

Wondering if this is the most expensive/most convoluted ever trip to a Seagulls game...

The originating occasion is Happy Nuptuals at the Humble Grass Shack on April 6th. The unfortunate BRIDE is Kim Livingston Seagull, so no acronymic issue there at least. Then honeymoon with ultimate destination of BURNLEY as follows:

Depart Maui (via United Airlines) to Fort Lauderdale Florida Friday April 13th (good choice of date, eh?) $1,350 round trip.
Fort Lauderdale to Southampton, via CRUISE arrive Saturday April 28, 5.30am. $6,456 for 2.
Drinks package and side trips plus gratuities during PASSAGE (so far) $2,100 (guaranteed DTs on arrival)
Southampton to Manchester International, Flybe, arrive 11am. $186 for 2.
Train ticket for son (studying at Kingston) to Manchester 26 quid = $36 (nice one eh?)
Mate in Manchester (a Massive fan, alas) picks us up, pit stop for swift pints and pie. $105.
Tickets to game (KLS x 2, Mate and son, my son) 130 quid = $182.
Refreshments at Turf Moor for 5 during and after IMPORTANT WIN = $105.:albion2:

Grand Total: $10,520 or approx 7,364 of your English pounds.
Miles: 15,000 round-trip
Length of Trip, Maui to BURNLEY: 15 days.

Worth every penny I have no doubt and important INITIATION for "the other" KLS ("Sacker? Why Albion? Why does Hooton need an Army? Who is this Stevie Gritt and why no hair? etc. etc.)

Upon arrival back home, destination is Debtor's Prison on palm-fringed, shark-infested REEF.

But still, Shirley some kind of Combined Record?
:thumbsup:

BTW, what is a good drinking point near Turf Moor?

Halifax, Huddersfield:cheers::cheers:

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Looks like quite a journey. Have you got Burnley tickets sorted out John? I'm hoping to be there too. If I can get two tickets I'll be taking my nephew for his first ever Albion experience. Keeping fingers crossed that we don't sell out our 2500 allocation before they go on general sale.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Congratulations [MENTION=921]Ken Livingstone Seagull[/MENTION]

Honeymoon to Burnley! Classic :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports