Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
6/1 Cook out - past his prime but no adequate replacement

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
6/1 Cook out - past his prime but no adequate replacement

He'll have another five failures but then score a double hundred to secure his place for the next year until this conversion runs again...

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
New ground this one ? Beautiful setting.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Tough gig if you’ve been keeping wicket for maybe a day, day and a half. It’s a no from me.

Stewart grew into the role. But he was a special breed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
38/2 Vince out

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From 78/2 to 94/5. England lok set fair to lose 6 out of 7 tests. Questions need to be asked of Trevor Bayliss here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So any thoughts on why Root dropped back to 4 when all winter we've wanted to seem him at 3?

He got a 50 in the 2nd innings last test batting at 3, which could have set us on our way to saving that game. I realise Vince has come in, but I'd really liked to have seen the captain stick his neck out and get in as early as possible to bat in between the inexperienced top order. Root wants to play at 4, but all winter we've been batting from a position of sub 50-2. I really think he needs to drop his obsession with batting at 4, and just get himself in there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"We're shit and we know we are" .............all out for under 300 first thing tomorrow then.
Feel for Joe Root. Not really ready or prepared for the job and there's a real risk it will drag him down.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So any thoughts on why Root dropped back to 4 when all winter we've wanted to seem him at 3?

He got a 50 in the 2nd innings last test batting at 3, which could have set us on our way to saving that game. I realise Vince has come in, but I'd really liked to have seen the captain stick his neck out and get in as early as possible to bat in between the inexperienced top order. Root wants to play at 4, but all winter we've been batting from a position of sub 50-2. I really think he needs to drop his obsession with batting at 4, and just get himself in there.
To use a football analogy (seems appropriate on here) and without being extreme, isn't it rather like asking Dunk to play in front of the back four, or Knockaert to play in the centre rather than the wing?
We might think it a good idea. It might work. Then again it might not.
But if they don't really fancy it the chances of it succeeding are surely greatly reduced.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here