Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Mod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    or is it a case of look for Corbyn, he goes missing in a busy and important week and its not highlighted, that says more about him and yourself than my post is about me. He's not a leader and his actions this week have shown this, his response today regarding the anti semites and their activities in his party were an embarassing disgrace. Never mind he can share the responsibility, the shadow foreign secretary is still making jokes about anti semitism today, they simply are something else.
    Don’t vote for him then. (Although, I very much doubt you would have done, even if he had been appearing on mainstream media,)
    You be glad you be Sussex born!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      That figures, on second thoughts, it doesn't add up at all.
      Name:  image.png
Views: 223
Size:  1.93 MB
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

1 Not allowed!
      Savouring illegal anti semitism. He and his extreme mates have allowed their siding with the Palestinians, to become a loathing of a race of people.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Savouring illegal anti semitism. He and his extreme mates have allowed their siding with the Palestinians, to become a loathing of a race of people.
      you mean conflated with

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by astralavi View Post
      you mean conflated with
      Conflated sounds like the ill effects of Diane Abbott breakfast.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Conflated sounds like the ill effects of Diane Abbott breakfast.
      It is one of my favourite words as it neatly describes huge amounts of human folly. I just spent a couple of hours refereeing a research article (a review, actually) and have hammered the authors for *conflating* a number of issues. It is pejorative, which is nice, since conflation is always bad (here is one fact, here is another, and now I conclude something unrelated). But you knew that already. Corbyn OUT! Tits OUT! Demons OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by astralavi View Post
      email sent to party members on Thursday

Our Party was founded on the principles of solidarity and equality. We are proudly anti-racist, and at our best when we work together, uniting people in hope and against fear and division.

This week, Jewish leaders wrote to me to express their anger and upset about antisemitism in the Labour Party.

I want to assure you that prejudice against, and harassment of, Jewish people have no place whatsoever in our Party.

It's important to develop a deeper understanding of what constitutes antisemitism.

Often it takes familiar forms, but newer forms of antisemitism have also appeared, sometimes woven into criticisms of the actions of Israeli governments.

Criticism of Israel, and support for the rights of the Palestinians, is entirely legitimate. Support for justice for the Palestinian people should provide no one with the excuse to insult, harass or encourage hatred of Jewish people.

And abuse and personal attacks of any kind, on social media or in person, are never acceptable.

I am committed to ensuring our Party is a welcoming and secure place for everyone. I offer all Jewish members my assurance that this applies equally to them. I want all of us to hear Jewish voices and listen.

If you are not Jewish, I want you to better understand the importance of this issue and what we can do together to ensure our Party remains true to our values.

Zero tolerance for antisemitism means what it says. We will not accept it.

We have to get this right, all of us. Because divided societies cannot achieve justice.

As we head into elections in May and look towards the next General Election whenever it might come, let's take the lead in building a society free from prejudice. One that enables everyone to realise their full potential, and cares for all.

Thank you for supporting Labour.

Jeremy Corbyn
      Leader of the Labour Party
      Actions speak louder than words. He has been leader of the Labour Party for nearly 3 years. This has happened on his watch.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit Barrel View Post
      Actions speak louder than words. He has been leader of the Labour Party for nearly 3 years. This has happened on his watch.
      Waiting for the union barons to tell him what to do
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      he gone where's he's appreciated
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  380.0 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by The Birdman; 30-03-2018 at 16:19.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      It is one of my favourite words as it neatly describes huge amounts of human folly. I just spent a couple of hours refereeing a research article (a review, actually) and have hammered the authors for *conflating* a number of issues. It is pejorative, which is nice, since conflation is always bad (here is one fact, here is another, and now I conclude something unrelated). But you knew that already. Corbyn OUT! Tits OUT! Demons OUT!

I've only become of the very useful word in the last year. It's suddenly in fashion.

A bit like 'redacted' which was mentioned alot in the parliamentary expenses scandal.
      Last edited by Weststander; 30-03-2018 at 18:32.