Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Where's Jeremy Corbyn

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
email sent to party members on Thursday

Our Party was founded on the principles of solidarity and equality. We are proudly anti-racist, and at our best when we work together, uniting people in hope and against fear and division.

This week, Jewish leaders wrote to me to express their anger and upset about antisemitism in the Labour Party.

I want to assure you that prejudice against, and harassment of, Jewish people have no place whatsoever in our Party.

It's important to develop a deeper understanding of what constitutes antisemitism.

Often it takes familiar forms, but newer forms of antisemitism have also appeared, sometimes woven into criticisms of the actions of Israeli governments.

Criticism of Israel, and support for the rights of the Palestinians, is entirely legitimate. Support for justice for the Palestinian people should provide no one with the excuse to insult, harass or encourage hatred of Jewish people.

And abuse and personal attacks of any kind, on social media or in person, are never acceptable.

I am committed to ensuring our Party is a welcoming and secure place for everyone. I offer all Jewish members my assurance that this applies equally to them. I want all of us to hear Jewish voices and listen.

If you are not Jewish, I want you to better understand the importance of this issue and what we can do together to ensure our Party remains true to our values.

Zero tolerance for antisemitism means what it says. We will not accept it.

We have to get this right, all of us. Because divided societies cannot achieve justice.

As we head into elections in May and look towards the next General Election whenever it might come, let's take the lead in building a society free from prejudice. One that enables everyone to realise their full potential, and cares for all.

Thank you for supporting Labour.

Jeremy Corbyn
Leader of the Labour Party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every time I think I have given up on labour in general and Jezza in particular, someone posts an idiotic numpty thread on NSC and I start thinking that maybe I should give the people's party another chance. :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Every time I think I have given up on labour in general and Jezza in particular, someone posts an idiotic numpty thread on NSC and I start thinking that maybe I should give the people's party another chance. :shrug:

Problem is its not currently the people's party as it is in the throes of being kidnapped. I couldn't vote for them in their current drift towards extreme left

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
What a load of absolute nonsense. He has condemned anti-semitism and Russia. I know that doesn’t fit into your narrative just a pity it’s laughably false.

Has he, he has a strange way of doing it, perhaps you're statement fits your narrative, ohhhhh Jeremy Corbyn. Only one chance to mobilise the boot boys this week to shout down Jewish people offended by his stance on simitism in Parliament Square. Think he's lost his mojo, where's the shadow cabinet support for him. I truly wonder whose pulling his strings because he's all over the place.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Our Party was founded on the principles of solidarity and equality. We are proudly anti-racist, and at our best when we work together, uniting people in hope and against fear and division.

This week, Jewish leaders wrote to me to express their anger and upset about antisemitism in the Labour Party.

I want to assure you that prejudice against, and harassment of, Jewish people have no place whatsoever in our Party.

It's important to develop a deeper understanding of what constitutes antisemitism.

Often it takes familiar forms, but newer forms of antisemitism have also appeared, sometimes woven into criticisms of the actions of Israeli governments.

Criticism of Israel, and support for the rights of the Palestinians, is entirely legitimate. Support for justice for the Palestinian people should provide no one with the excuse to insult, harass or encourage hatred of Jewish people.

And abuse and personal attacks of any kind, on social media or in person, are never acceptable.

I am committed to ensuring our Party is a welcoming and secure place for everyone. I offer all Jewish members my assurance that this applies equally to them. I want all of us to hear Jewish voices and listen.

If you are not Jewish, I want you to better understand the importance of this issue and what we can do together to ensure our Party remains true to our values.

We have to get this right, all of us. Because divided societies cannot achieve justice.

As we head into elections in May and look towards the next General Election whenever it might come, let's take the lead in building a society free from prejudice. One that enables everyone to realise their full potential, and cares for all.

Jeremy Corbyn

Compare and contrast the rhetoric with the actions ..

Labour quietly reinstated six councillors who posted anti-Semitic messages

Labour quietly reinstated at least six councillors who posted anti-Semitic messages online, analysis shows, as a party insider told The Telegraph the complaints process is being manipulated by political factions.

Evidence seen by The Telegraph shows senior party members were investigated over posts made on social media, including messages about blood libel, Zionism, linking Israel to Isis and the Holocaust and other anti-Semitic tropes.

All six were reinstated quietly by the party, raising questions about whether Labour's process for rooting out racism is effective. It is unclear whether any disciplinary action was taken before they were cleared.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...instated-six-councillors-posted-anti-semitic/

Corbyn is failing to tackle antisemitism, say his MPs

Thirty-nine Labour MPs and peers have declared that Jeremy Corbyn’s response to antisemitism complaints is unsatisfactory in the party’s biggest rupture since the general election.

Three members of the party’s front bench are among those who are angry that the Labour leader’s team is shielding his ally Christine Shawcroft from calls to resign from the ruling national executive committee (NEC).

Yesterday, The Times revealed a leaked email showing Ms Shawcroft had defended a council candidate, Alan Bull, who was suspended for posting an article calling the Holocaust a hoax. Her reason was that he had a chance of winning a seat in the May elections and the complaint was a “partisan dispute”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-to-tackle-antisemitism-say-his-mps-fpvgf0sgf

Jeremy Corbyn’s office has yet to approve job description for in-house lawyer to deal with allegations

Labour’s leadership has denied that it is sitting on one of the key recommendations made in the Chakrabarti report on tackling antisemitism in the party.

According to a progress chart prepared for the party’s ruling national executive committee (NEC) by the outgoing senior team at the party’s Southside headquarters and seen by the Guardian, the job description for an in-house lawyer who would deal with antisemitism allegations is waiting to be signed off by Jeremy Corbyn.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...r-corbyn-to-sign-off-key-antisemitism-measure

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Jeremy Corbyn

Actions speak louder than words, come out and say it Jeremy and stop hiding behind press releases and scripted statements.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Has he, he has a strange way of doing it, perhaps you're statement fits your narrative, ohhhhh Jeremy Corbyn. Only one chance to mobilise the boot boys this week to shout down Jewish people offended by his stance on simitism in Parliament Square. Think he's lost his mojo, where's the shadow cabinet support for him. I truly wonder whose pulling his strings because he's all over the place.

I assume you were equally as outraged when Sajid Javid resorted to slurring hundreds of Jewish Labour Party members as neo-Nazis just days after the whole anti-Semitism furore or when the Tories revenge outed a gay person against their will, and then May issued a statement of confidence in the perpetrator.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
or is it a case of look for Corbyn, he goes missing in a busy and important week and its not highlighted, that says more about him and yourself than my post is about me. He's not a leader and his actions this week have shown this, his response today regarding the anti semites and their activities in his party were an embarassing disgrace. Never mind he can share the responsibility, the shadow foreign secretary is still making jokes about anti semitism today, they simply are something else.

Don’t vote for him then. (Although, I very much doubt you would have done, even if he had been appearing on mainstream media,)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
That figures, on second thoughts, it doesn't add up at all.
image.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Conflated sounds like the ill effects of Diane Abbott breakfast.

It is one of my favourite words as it neatly describes huge amounts of human folly. I just spent a couple of hours refereeing a research article (a review, actually) and have hammered the authors for *conflating* a number of issues. It is pejorative, which is nice, since conflation is always bad (here is one fact, here is another, and now I conclude something unrelated). But you knew that already. Corbyn OUT! Tits OUT! Demons OUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-v2EyG52Y

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Jeremy Corbyn

Actions speak louder than words. He has been leader of the Labour Party for nearly 3 years. This has happened on his watch.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is one of my favourite words as it neatly describes huge amounts of human folly. I just spent a couple of hours refereeing a research article (a review, actually) and have hammered the authors for *conflating* a number of issues. It is pejorative, which is nice, since conflation is always bad (here is one fact, here is another, and now I conclude something unrelated). But you knew that already. Corbyn OUT! Tits OUT! Demons OUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-v2EyG52Y

I've only become of the very useful word in the last year. It's suddenly in fashion.

A bit like 'redacted' which was mentioned alot in the parliamentary expenses scandal.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here