Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Things to do in Liverpool between 6am and 11am on a friday morning?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Opening this up to the wisdom of NSC, I cheaped out on travelling to the Isle of Man for the weekend by getting an overnight coach to Liverpool, arriving at 6am. Anyone got any ideas what to do in the 5 hours before the boat across?!

Any gem cafes or the like will be much appreciated, I know there are a few Liverpool based folk on here, paging [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION]!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Opening this up to the wisdom of NSC, I cheaped out on travelling to the Isle of Man for the weekend by getting an overnight coach to Liverpool, arriving at 6am. Anyone got any ideas what to do in the 5 hours before the boat across?!

Any gem cafes or the like will be much appreciated, I know there are a few Liverpool based folk on here, paging [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION]!

Long slow run :cool:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Is this tomorrow or another weekend? What sort of thing takes your fancy?

If you are into history this exhibition is on at the moment:

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/wml/exhibitions/terracotta-warriors/

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Long slow run :cool:

Isle of Man running festival! 10k on the friday, parkrun, Peel Hill 4 miler both on saturday and then a 5k sunday run to cap it all off. All to be Strava'd on the monday. :thumbsup:

Is this tomorrow or another weekend? What sort of thing takes your fancy?

Yep, arriving tomorrow morning. Any recommendations are welcome, especially for the 6:30am arrival. Do you know of any decent cafes for breakfast, for starters?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isle of Man running festival! 10k on the friday, parkrun, Peel Hill 4 miler both on saturday and then a 5k sunday run to cap it all off. All to be Strava'd on the monday. :thumbsup:

Yep, arriving tomorrow morning. Any recommendations are welcome, especially for the 6:30am arrival. Do you know of any decent cafes for breakfast, for starters?!

Cool - I know another running buddy who normally does that, always seems to enjoy it. I've been there a few times but not for that, imagine it's a nice place to run (cool, wet and hilly :laugh:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It is nice down at the AD, and you've the Liverpool museum down there, which will kill an hour, too. You won't find a lot open down there at 6.30am though!

Because you are going to realistically have two hours you need to kill before the city wakes up, what I would do, rather than a café where you'll eat in 25 minutes and then feel you need to clear out, is go to a hotel that do a buffet breakfast (there's a Holiday Inn Express at the Albert Dock) and pay, then stay warm for two hours and fuel up for all your weekend running :thumbsup:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Wetherspoons: Richard John Blackier on Charlotte St opens 7am and does breakfast.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It is nice down at the AD, and you've the Liverpool museum down there, which will kill an hour, too. You won't find a lot open down there at 6.30am though!

Because you are going to realistically have two hours you need to kill before the city wakes up, what I would do, rather than a café where you'll eat in 25 minutes and then feel you need to clear out, is go to a hotel that do a buffet breakfast (there's a Holiday Inn Express at the Albert Dock) and pay, then stay warm for two hours and fuel up for all your weekend running :thumbsup:

This.

We stayed at the Premier Inn on Albert Dock for the Everton match and the breakfast buffet was like a banquet.....loved it!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Isle of Man running festival! 10k on the friday, parkrun, Peel Hill 4 miler both on saturday and then a 5k sunday run to cap it all off. All to be Strava'd on the monday. [emoji106]

You may struggle to find somewhere decent open at that time tomorrow. The places near my office usually open at 7.00 a.m. but won’t be open at all tomorrow as it’s the business district.

A colleague has recommended the Shankly Hotel on Victoria Street which is very close to the bus station and open from 7.00 am (he just called to check).

If you can wait until 8.00 am then the Castle Street Townhouse is very popular.

Once you have had brekkie then as above the Albert Dock is good for a wander and not far from the ferry terminal (assuming you are getting the Sea Cat fast ferry?). The museum of Liverpool and Beatles Story are between Albert Dock and the ferry terminal.

Not sure if you saw my edit but this is on too (may be of interest to a Ninja).

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/wml/exhibitions/terracotta-warriors/

If shops are your thing then Liverpool One is very smart.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Breakfasts don't normally come with starters, unless you'd consider a Pastry as such?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here