Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Between 800 and 1000 new ST available for 2018/19

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
... but as ever, the message is confused - with “approx 800” being available and also “those positioned from 1-1000 will be entitled to...”. Which is it?

“Approximately 800 season tickets will be made available to supporters on the waiting list, and those positioned from number 1 to 1,000 will be entitled to purchase a season ticket for the 2018/19 season.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...son-tickets-available-to-top-of-waiting-list/

Edit: Anyone know if the club have increased the number of seats allocated for ST for next season? It’s just that even 800 seems quite high, especially since the chances of PL football again being quite high (hush my mouth) is likely to keep at least some waverers on board...

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It’s clearly the case that allowing the first 1,000 to access c800 seats will shift them all asnot all on the list at positions 1-1000 will take the opportunity due to a change in circumstances but clearly it’s less of a bun fight than opening it up to the full 8,000 or whatever it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
... but as ever, the message is confused - with “approx 800” being available and also “those positioned from 1-1000 will be entitled to...”. Which is it?

“Approximately 800 season tickets will be made available to supporters on the waiting list, and those positioned from number 1 to 1,000 will be entitled to purchase a season ticket for the 2018/19 season.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...son-tickets-available-to-top-of-waiting-list/

Edit: Anyone know if the club have increased the number of seats allocated for ST for next season? It’s just that even 800 seems quite high, especially since the chances of PL football again being quite high (hush my mouth) is likely to keep at least some waverers on board...

I guess the list would have been compiled at the start of the season, and everyone given numbers then.
Some of that first 1,000 may have come off the list since then for various reasons?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s clearly the case that allowing the first 1,000 to access c800 seats will shift them all asnot all on the list at positions 1-1000 will take the opportunity due to a change in circumstances but clearly it’s less of a bun fight than opening it up to the full 8,000 or whatever it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That may well be what they mean; why not say that then?

If I were in position 950 and missed out, I’d be pretty pissed off, having been told that I “will be entitled” to buy one.

I’m wondering if “approx 800” is actually “just right around 1000”.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. Perhaps there are only 800 people, 'positioned 1 - 1,000' on the list? (i.e. maybe there are gaps where people have remove themselves from the list / been removed, for whatever reason)

2. Maybe its a marketing trick. Make 800 tickets available to 800 people and they'll dither over whether to take them up. Make 800 seats available to 1000 people on a 'get them while they're there' basis, and they'll rush to commit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I guess the list would have been compiled at the start of the season, and everyone given numbers then.
Some of that first 1,000 may have come off the list since then for various reasons?

Yep - that would be an explanation. 20% of the top 1000 at the start of the season coming off is quite large though, no?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thought there's more than 800 JCL's that ain't really bothered

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

800 out of 22000 ST ticket holders is 3.6% and the club announced 96% ST renewals, so spot on

The statement was prepared by the club’s new head of fans services, Diane Abbott.

Or the idiot that issued the club announcement on the Palace ID requirements, before it was corrected at least twice to correctly convey the message

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1. Perhaps there are only 800 people, 'positioned 1 - 1,000' on the list? (i.e. maybe there are gaps where people have remove themselves from the list / been removed, for whatever reason)

2. Maybe its a marketing trick. Make 800 tickets available to 800 people and they'll dither over whether to take them up. Make 800 seats available to 1000 people on a 'get them while they're there' basis, and they'll rush to commit.

Both possible!

I’ll be interested to hear if anyone currently in the top 1000 fails to get one.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
800 out of 22000 ST ticket holders is 3.6% and the club announced 96% ST renewals, so spot on

Or the idiot that issued the club announcement on the Palace ID requirements, before it was corrected at least twice to correct convey the message

I’d missed the announcement about 96% renewals - ta...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I suspect that people below 1,000 will be in with a very good shout. Aside from drop outs there will be people in the queue, waiting for 6 tickets to be available all together in one row, with 2 under 10s, 1 OAP and one who can't manage stairs, or they have to be in the same block as their friends. They may well be sitting at the front of the queue for next year and possibly several seasons after that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought there's more than 800 JCL's that ain't really bothered

1. Today's apostrophe lesson: The one in "there's" is correct. It denotes a missing letter or letters. The one in "JCL's" is not. It neither denotes a missing letter, nor possession. "Ain't" should probably read "aren't", but we'll leave that one.

2. There are lots more than 800 people waiting. This is how many seats are available.

3. There is no reason to suppose that all new STH will be people 'not really bothered'. There will be kids only now old enough to go regularly. People whose financial situation has changed. People who have moved back to the area. And yes, some new fans.

4. Nobody cares what phone you have.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1. Today's apostrophe lesson: The one in "there's" is correct. It denotes a missing letter or letters. The one in "JCL's" is not. It neither denotes a missing letter, nor possession. "Ain't" should probably read "aren't", but we'll leave that one.

2. There are lots more than 800 people waiting. This is how many seats are available.

3. There is no reason to suppose that all new STH will be people 'not really bothered'. There will be kids only now old enough to go regularly. People whose financial situation has changed. People who have moved back to the area. And yes, some new fans.

4. Nobody cares what phone you have.
1. I meant the 800 that have left.

2. Nobody cares what club you're in.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't understand your point then?

You thought more would cancel?
Yeah, there's plenty of dead bodies around the ground that only wanted to see us play in the prem as a one off

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I am number 565 on waiting list, that hasn’t changed. If you take off the 200 or so that we’re sold last season, 800 is correct. I spoke with someone in the ticket office and I am really 565 minus last season’s sales.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am number 565 on waiting list, that hasn’t changed. If you take off the 200 or so that we’re sold last season, 800 is correct. I spoke with someone in the ticket office and I am really 565 minus last season’s sales.

Ah ha.

That’s got to be it then. Thanks.

For morale-boosting purposes, you’d have thought that they’d renumber the list after the ST sales each season. Perhaps too much of a balls-ache.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here