Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball Season - 2018

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can't think of a more appropriate news story with which to start a baseball season thread - Flood Of Shit Ends Spring Training For Dodgers

Dodger Stadium is full of shit. It was last night, at least. ......

Tomorrow the real thing commences with the earliest Opening Day in mlb history (excluding overseas engagements). It is also the first time since 1968 [what a fabulous year that was] that all major league clubs play on the opening day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was literally about to start a Baseball thread!

That really is a shit way to end your spring training.

I ruddy love it when the baseball season starts. It's the sign that balmy summer evenings are on the way. Only 162 games + playoffs until we get to find out who's crowned World Series Champions 2018.

Who's everyone tipping? It looks like last year's playoff contenders are the bookies favourites, but there's a lot of player trading still to be done. I'm not holding too much hope for The Blue Jays but I hope we can get a better start than last year, which basically ruined any hope of a playoff spot.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Worst Spring ever for the Rangers. I am not confident.

A nice easy start tomorrow, though, day game against the Astros, live on BT Sport ESPN for those who want an early fix (830pm).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I can't think of a more appropriate news story with which to start a baseball season thread - Flood Of Shit Ends Spring Training For Dodgers

Tomorrow the real thing commences with the earliest Opening Day in mlb history (excluding overseas engagements). It is also the first time since 1968 [what a fabulous year that was] that all major league clubs play on the opening day.

When you see what food they serve at MLB games, this was surely only a matter of time.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good job there wasn't a game going on as the shit could've quite literally hit the fans

There was - they were playing the Angels. The game was called off with 2 outs in the bottom of the fifth.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Will be rooting for the Mets - yeah I know they don't have a chance but I like supporting lost causes!

And supporting the Evil Empire doesn't bear thinking about

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Will be rooting for the Mets - yeah I know they don't have a chance but I like supporting lost causes!

And supporting the Evil Empire doesn't bear thinking about

I'm hoping we can give them a good tonking on opening day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This time last year the Minnesota Twins were 250/1 shots for the World Series. This year, they're in to 33/1. The secrets out - they're competitive. Can't see them ousting the Cleveland Indians for top spot in the ALC, but another wildcard berth is well within reach. Byron Buxton is a superstar in the making, the fastest player in MLB, going 29 for 30 on stolen bases. Dozier's still got it. And following the trade deadline on 31st July, they were the TOP runscorers in baseball over the remainder of the season (346). Bullpen could still be an issue, but I'm quietly optimistic that the Twins could be real dark horses this season. They are a fun team to watch.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This time last year the Minnesota Twins were 250/1 shots for the World Series. This year, they're in to 33/1. The secrets out - they're competitive. Can't see them ousting the Cleveland Indians for top spot in the ALC, but another wildcard berth is well within reach. Byron Buxton is a superstar in the making, the fastest player in MLB, going 29 for 30 on stolen bases. Dozier's still got it. And following the trade deadline on 31st July, they were the TOP runscorers in baseball over the remainder of the season (346). Bullpen could still be an issue, but I'm quietly optimistic that the Twins could be real dark horses this season. They are a fun team to watch.

Yep, no longer #UnderTheRadar

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fair play to you Easy, if I recall you picked them to follow more or less at random and I thought ok....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair play to you Easy, if I recall you picked them to follow more or less at random and I thought ok....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weeelll...they're not unlike the Albion. They've had a few days in the sun (World Series winners in 1924, 1987 and 1991), but for the most part its been mostly mediocrity and disappointment. Much like us, they moved into a truly beautiful, spectacular new 40k ballpark in 2010 (albeit 12 months before we did), and...I just love Minneapolis. The city, the people, the state..."Minnesota Nice" is NOT a myth. Its a special place. I could never latch on to a NYY or Red Sox, any more than I would ever affiliate myself with a Man U or Liverpool. The Twins are a bit quirky, they're mostly a bit crap, but that just makes any success all the sweeter.

I just feel a genuine bond with them, and have been to see them 3 times (3 defeats, natch). One day I'm gonna see them WIN.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looking forward to the Nats choking in the playoffs again. I’ll try to enjoy some regular season optimism before the post season DC funk kicks in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

That idea didn't last long. Nats @ Reds rained off 24 hours in advance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Giants are in a tough division but Longoria and McCutcheon are two great acquisitions and I fancy they might do well.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I cannot believe the Redbirds are going to go a third season with no playoffs.
I think we're stronger this year than last.
But we'll see.
I've signed up for mlb.tv and haven't ruled out a trip later this season.

I bloody love the baseball season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here