Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Ban romantic novel's

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Caught the back end of this story on Good morning Britain, is banning books that could offend, finally a step too far?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They might be crap but I bet the writers know how to use an apostrophe correctly.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Millenials are offended by friends recently
theyre now offended by Only Fools and Horses and the way Bond treated woman back in the day
OBVIOUSLY!
theyve been watching The Simpsons recently and are disgusted by how racist etc it is
what makes me chuckle, is instead of applauding how far society has come with racism, sexism etc, yes, there is still a long way to go, they get offended and want it bannded

calm down, have a coffee, wack 1 out

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, I wonder about the though processes there; just why did the OP think there was an apostrophe needed?

Do not forget your t in thought.

Sloppy Gwylan. :)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
theyre now offended by Only Fools and Horses and the way Bond treated woman back in the day
OBVIOUSLY!
theyve been watching The Simpsons recently and are disgusted by how racist etc it is
what makes me chuckle, is instead of applauding how far society has come with racism, sexism etc, yes, there is still a long way to go, they get offended and want it bannded

I agree with your sentiment but I'm not so sure that we can tar everyone born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s with the same brush.

There have been some clickbait 'articles' recently proclaiming that millenials are offended by everything from Friends to The Simpsons. I imagine they are based on a couple of tweets by random teens or twenty-somethings. A lot of so-called millenials would've grown up watching these shows.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I agree with your sentiment but I'm not so sure that we can tar everyone born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s with the same brush.

There have been some clickbait 'articles' recently proclaiming that millenials are offended by everything from Friends to The Simpsons. I imagine they are based on a couple of tweets by random teens or twenty-somethings. A lot of so-called millenials would've grown up watching these shows.

of course, i agree, i have read these articles and had debates with people i work with who are around 18-21 who hate these shows as theyre offensive

you cant tar everyone with the same brush, like not all cyclists are tits, likewise drivers etc

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
getting offended by Simpson gives a measure of the complainer, clearly lost sense of humor. pretty clear the writers of that were highlighting prejudices to show them up. oh the sweet delicious irony, as Homer would say.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
OBVIOUSLY!

Absolute crap. Some people are offended more than others. Always have been, always will be. All this sh!t about Millennials is pathetic and extremely patronising.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, I wonder about the though processes there; just why did the OP think there was an apostrophe needed?

Agree. Have to wonder what was going through the OP's mind when he decided an apostrophe was needed. Maybe he thinks that all words ending in the letter S deserve an apostrophe before the S?? It's just not logical and makes no sense. Maybe he skipped apostrophe lessons at school?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here