Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Singers who can't sing (or those whose voices you can't stand).

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's never failed to amaze me how Simon Le Bon got to be a lead singer in a band. Although he may be able to just about hold a tune within a very limited vocal range he insists on pitching his songs at a level which far exceed his very limited vocal abilities and way beyond his upper vocal range. One of the best examples of this is his caterwailing on the song "Wild Boys" where his voice is constantly on the verge of cracking under the strain to the point where it is excruciatingly painful to listen to. My long held opinion of his over ambitious singing abilities was vindicated when I saw him performing View to a Kill on Live Aid where his voice broke into a little squeak mid note.

Are there any singers who in your opinion can't actually sing or simply whose voices you can't stand listening to regardless of their vocal abilities.

See Simon Le Bon lose control of his voice at Live Aid in this clip at 2.50

*https://youtu.be/mINh8ZOWSLw

Here's his painful caterwailing on Wild Boys
https://youtu.be/M43wsiNBwmo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never thought I'd miss a 'team v ...' thread, but by jimminy this international break hasn't half dragged on.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thom Yorke and Morrissey

66423d8bce785edbdae5ed7a3ff5e14c--alan-partridge-kiss.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ian Brown is a notoriously bad singer, a fact which is even acknowledged by some fans of the Stone Roses. I think to some its even part of the appeal.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That bloke from Muse. They would be quite good if they had a different singer.
Adele
There is some song they keep playing on the radio where the female singer is trying to sing so high that she cannot manage it, so she just squeaks it instead. It is awful. Thankfully, I have no idea who it is.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The bloke from Kings of Leon. I have to turn the radio over if one of their songs comes on.

Drake. I'm not sure if you'd call it singing though.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I never thought I'd miss a 'team v ...' thread, but by jimminy this international break hasn't half dragged on.

It is this that makes NSC so unique and special from other footie sites.....where else can you read about things like "My fave Biscuit" or "How do you dunk your biscuit" or "What is your fave soap".......NOWHERE else can you get this sort of reading!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A few controversial entries from me.

Stevie Wonder
Bruce Springsteen
Paul Simon
Tim Burgess (Charlatans)
Paul Heaton (Beautiful South)
Seal
Phil Lynott
Steve Harley
Lisa Stansfield
Willie Nelson
That singer from Mott The Hoople

I know most of those are bloody great singers but their voices just make me want to reach for the fast forward button.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here