Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom.......have run out of money

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How "small" is a small overdraft?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I can see WBA struggling next season too. Next stop League One.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and in other Premier League financial news:-

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan used club to avoid £700,000 tax.

West Ham have suffered further distractions off the field following the news that co-owner David Sullivan avoided paying £700,000 in taxes through the Premier League club.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Doomed. A shame as they seemed a well run club, then in comes an overseas owner.......
Relegation could be an opportunity for them to get rid of the mercenaries, or they will throw even more money at getting back up and go the way of Pompey.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I bet a few other PL clubs are in a similarly sloppy slope...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Has he spent much money? Perhaps they should have sold Evans in January. who bought Burke was it Pardew or before him.

Evans has a £3m buy-out clause built into his contract if WBA are relegated. There'll be PL clubs queuing up to take advantage of that, and as they're picking him up for buttons, he'll get a maHOOsive signing on fee and new deal somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts banging in a few own goals, just to be sure.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's hoping

"I've just come back into the club after just over 12 months out and I'm shocked by what I have found. We need to restructure the club so it is able to compete and exist long-term in the Premier League."

10 points adrift, bet thats not really what he's thinking....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Evans has a £3m buy-out clause built into his contract if WBA are relegated. There'll be PL clubs queuing up to take advantage of that, and as they're picking him up for buttons, he'll get a maHOOsive signing on fee and new deal somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts banging in a few own goals, just to be sure.

More reason they should have sold him for about £15m in January.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sturridge loan fee and wages could well be a big contribution to this

1 start, 3 appearances, 0 goals. The 3rd appearance lasted all of 3 minutes before he was carted off at Chelsea 6 weeks ago with a hammy. He's not been seen since.

I mean honestly, who could ever possibly have FORESEEN that ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
£120k per week, plus 13.8% employers national insurance, for several months. Say another £2.5m of cash outflow, doesn't help.

Pardew strikes again.

Unbelievable clusterfarck. Well at least this cuts everyone else's risk of regation by 33 and a third %

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They took a chance on Sturridge scoring enough to keep them, up but it wouldnt have happened with them having medical advice that he would be ok so perhaps questions should be asked there more so than of Pardew

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They took a chance on Sturridge scoring enough to keep them, up but it wouldnt have happened with them having medical advice that he would be ok so perhaps questions should be asked there more so than of Pardew

They could have just googled ‘Sturridge injury record’.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here