West west west Sussex
Somewhat disappointed with Edna, so I'll do all the heavy lifting instead:-

[tweet]977968496620470272[/tweet]

#twats.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume the ref sent Mowatt off for that.

What a **** the Pompey #twats player was though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair it was the Oxford player that got sent off and Portsmouth won 3-0.

I'm not sure of the use of 'to be fair'.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
God I hope that don't get promoted. They've not had nearly enough time rattling about in the bottom leagues yet.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Did he need to fall to the floor from such a girly little slap. Bit silly all round really imho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he need to fall to the floor from such a girly little slap. Bit silly all round really imho.

He needed attention from the physio, so it must have been serious. :rolleyes:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Retrospective red card for Pompey player for ungentlemanly conduct?

#wishfulthinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apparently the ref told Oxford players he'd shown the cheat a yellow card......only problem with that was that he'd already been booked in the first half for a dirty foul....................................

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness it might’ve stung a bit, maybe messed up his hair also :lol:

Hopefully the physio had a bag full of lozenges, Pompey #**** looked like he might have a bit of a sore throat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oxford manager rightly incensed after ref decided not to give the Pompey taunter a second yellow.

Unsportsmanlike conduct includes verbal abuse or taunting of an opponent - an automatic yellow.

Again, this is one where the assistant referees must intervene to help the ref. He saw the slap but had to then deal with a melee and - in doing so - forgot to card the Pompey player. Too much going on for one man. Football needs to learn from other sports.

In the wider context, I think football is having problems implementing video evidence partly because refs and assistants don't work well together in the first place. They should have cracked that first before introducing the cameras.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I assume the ref sent Mowatt off for that.

No, he didn't. Pretty shabby bit of refereeing, that, as well as pretty shabby behaviour by a yob in a Portsmouth football shirt (I won't dignify his status by calling him a player).

Edit: Sorry - me not paying attention - Mowatt (Oxford) was sent off - the Portsmouth yob wasn't.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone remember their last minute penalty miss against us, the last time we played at Fratton Park? There was a middle-aged bloke with two very vocal 'ladies' front row of the upper tier to the left of us and all 3 giving us dog's abuse all game. We were kind enough to return it after the miss and with interest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here