Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was the first game you can't remember?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Notts County 71-72

I'm told I went to this game

Which would have made it my 1st ever game

But I don't remember it

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’ve got lots of games that I can’t remember. Unfortunately I can’t remember when this started.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Southampton?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Most of the games I went to as a child. Remember my first game, my first draw, my first loss (the latter 2 stick out as I remember it took a while until I saw us lose).

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My dad took me to a game at the Goldstone I was 6yrs old in 1974 first and last as he never took me again.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Fulham in the cup at the goldstone. Think we lost 5-3 fell asleep in the north stand (way to much alcohol) and had my son kicking me in the head trying to get me to watch the game. Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
OK stattos and Sherlocks, here's a poser for you.

I am convinced that the first ever Albion game I saw was a 2-2 draw with Northampton Town at the Goldstone in 1972. Fred Binney was one of the scorers.
However, a certain amount of research since has revealed this can't be right. Either the team is wrong. Or the year. Or the score. Or possibly all of them :lolol:
I made scribbled notes in a notebook and submitted a match report for a Radio Brighton (as it was then) competition. I didn't win. We stood in front of the West Stand.
Did I dream all this, or have I just allowed the ravages of time to get some of the key facts confused? Or is it all fake news?
All theories welcome :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I genuinely can't remember my first game, or what the score was. It was a Saturday for sure, and it was sometime between January 1966 (when I moved to Lancing) and the end of that season. Think it was Feb or March time. I have looked up the fixtures around that time to get a rough guess, but I still couldn't tell you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OK stattos and Sherlocks, here's a poser for you.

I am convinced that the first ever Albion game I saw was a 2-2 draw with Northampton Town at the Goldstone in 1972. Fred Binney was one of the scorers.
However, a certain amount of research since has revealed this can't be right. Either the team is wrong. Or the year. Or the score. Or possibly all of them :lolol:
I made scribbled notes in a notebook and submitted a match report for a Radio Brighton (as it was then) competition. I didn't win. We stood in front of the West Stand.
Did I dream all this, or have I just allowed the ravages of time to get some of the key facts confused? Or is it all fake news?
All theories welcome :)

Fred Binney didn't play for Albion until 1974.
Northampton Town were not in the same league as Albion in 1972.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Fred Binney didn't play for Albion until 1974.
Northampton Town were not in the same league as Albion in 1972.

Excellent - now we're getting somewhere :lolol:
I'm pretty sure the score was 2-2. And Binney, I think, did score.
Any suggestions for a game which works with those factors?
Otherwise I'm back to square one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here