Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why lack of Albion away games on SKY.?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
My Now TV box has definitely been gathering dust this season with just 2 Albion away games so far on SKY. They have had plenty of home games shown but I see them live anyway.

Agreed there have been a few away on BT which I am able to watch, but just wondered why SKY have this heavy home bias. Luck of the draw, Stadium facilities, free pies.?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you seen us away from home ? I doubt Sky want to subject their viewers to that too regularly.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Outside of the top 6 who are are the big away attractions then.?

Why outside the Big 6? That is the attraction on TV right there, no one else, the other clubs are contracted for a certain number of games as a minimum, they will get those and they will nearly all be home v Big 6. Sky and BT could not give less of a **** about showing our games, they are not broadcasting football to save a few thousand Brighton fans from having to go to Burnley (or wherever), they are trying to make money.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
just not appealing enough for sky and would be a boring home fixture for most in this league :)

Away at Arsenal, West Ham, Bournemouth, and ManUtd (cup) have all been on the TV . Whether boring or unappealing depending on your point of view, contractually it makes no difference. We’ve been on the telly a lot. Home and yes, Away too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
just not appealing enough for sky and would be a boring home fixture for most in this league :)

The OP was comparing the number of our home games, which have been on Sky, and the number of away games which haven't.

Some of our away games have been on tv, but on BT rather than Sky.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Had a lot more home games than away on TV in Championship I think. Seemed like it

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nothing to do with Jamie Carragher not being to pronounce any of the Albion's overseas players, without spraying gob everywhere :shrug:

Jimmy Grimble

Sky/BT like to show the big teams.

They especially like to show the big teams in games which will be more of a contest.

Ergo our games (and the the other 14 sides) against the big teams are more likely to be on TV when we're the home side.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Since the opening of the Amex there have been 55 regular season league matches selected for live TV coverage (including both Sky and BT, and Championship and Premier League matches and counting the games still to be shown against Spurs and Man City this season).

34 (62%) of those 55 matches have been at the Amex, with 21 (38%) away from home. So, there is a bias towards home matches.

In the last 3 seasons, when a majority of those matches have been shown (75%), the ratio is 24 homes to 17 aways (59% - 41%), so the ratio has been pretty consistent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here