Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Cambridge Analytica were involved in a pro Brexit campaign

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No we're not allowed to ask question apparently we should all just move on!

Of course you're allowed to ask the question. Move on from the Brexit vote ? Yes. It happened - get over it. Move on from asking questions about how politics can be influenced by third parties - hell no.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Aaron Bank's story is not consistent. Its a murky world

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 745

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the issue is the intelligence of people who cannot work out fact from fiction.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Perhaps the issue is the intelligence of people who cannot work out fact from fiction.

I think you are underestimating the power of hopes and fears! Political campaigns like marketing don't want you to think rationally they want you to react emotionally!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Who ****ing cares? CA aren't the only group doing this, Brexit and Trump aren't the only people who used these companies. CA are the ones that have been caught out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who ****ing cares? CA aren't the only group doing this, Brexit and Trump aren't the only people who used these companies. CA are the ones that have been caught out.

Really, is there anyone else involved in anything bigger than Brexit and Trump?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Really, is there anyone else involved in anything bigger than Brexit and Trump?

My point is that I can guarantee their opponents used the same tactics with different companies to gain advantages. The only difference is that CA got caught and are being rightfully made an example of. Pretending it's only people you dislike that are doing this is dishonest and naive.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
My point is that I can guarantee their opponents used the same tactics with different companies to gain advantages. The only difference is that CA got caught and are being rightfully made an example of. Pretending it's only people you dislike that are doing this is dishonest and naive.

Not necessarily true. Both Trump and Brexit were underdog campaigns at the start and therefore were more likely to need underhand tactics (such as hiring CA) to win.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This sort of shite goes on all the time on both sides although you have to remember that the government spent millions of tax payers money on remain leaflets and gave Barack Obama a scripted speech etc bla bla bla.

It's irrelevant now and clearly the remainers just keep on giving with bitterness :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8392288 said:
Not necessarily true. Both Trump and Brexit were underdog campaigns at the start and therefore were more likely to need underhand tactics (such as hiring CA) to win.

Indeed. I don't actually remember anything about the remain campaign, although I heard a lot about the Brexit campaign - you could't get away from all the 'getting our borders back', 'getting our blue passports back', 'getting £350 million quid back' and 'project fear'. I remember all that shit. The remain campaign was pathetically unmemorable by comparison.

So, yes, it will be interested to know who paid this company, a company that apparently has plenty of East European girls handy for use, and will apparently stoop at nothing to manipulate our electorate.

That doesn't mean we should rerun the Brexit vote, though. Let parliament do their job and vote on the deal, when it is set to be signed.....

Unfortunately that won't happen either, because Corbyn and Momentum are in favour of Brexit and are not pushing for a parliamentary vote. Another example of politicians abusing their position to suit their own agenda. Labour, with the right leader, could and should be walking all over this cluster****, but they aren't, and that's what's annoying me most at the moment(um).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here