Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How emotional/wound up/stressed do you get during a game?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think it said you need to upload data at half time. Seeing as I can never get a signal at the Amex, I'm out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think I'd make their device explode. I look forward to the game all week but if we go a goal up I just want it to end as quickly as possible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it said you need to upload data at half time. Seeing as I can never get a signal at the Amex, I'm out.

Personally I have found the Amex to be vastly superior to every other Premier league ground for a phone signal. In the championship it was only Leeds I think that had no data signal inside the stadium but this year I have had crap service at every away game. Everton was the worst I think with no signal a few hundred yards outside the ground.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I'd make their device explode. I look forward to the game all week but if we go a goal up I just want it to end as quickly as possible.

That's me that is.

I commented to someone, that I 'enjoyed' the Chelsea home game, more than the Arsenal one. I wasn't even entirely joking.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm ok until the last ten minutes, plus injury time. If we're leading by a single goal, then I'm a nervous wreck and convinced we're going to concede and throw away two points.
It can also work that way when it's a draw and we're attacking although that's more excitement than stress. I wonder if the device can tell the difference?

Edit to add, I agree with Hans Kraay above. If we're losing by two or more goals, then I know we can't do anything so stay relaxed.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm ok until the last ten minutes, plus injury time. If we're leading by a single goal, then I'm a nervous wreck and convinced we're going to concede and throw away two points.

Which, to be fair, we often do.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It can also work that way when it's a draw and we're attacking although that's more excitement than stress. I wonder if the device can tell the difference?

Edit to add, I agree with Hans Kraay above. If we're losing by two or more goals, then I know we can't do anything so stay relaxed.

Me too - because I've seen it happen so many times.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011

As much as I love him, CH makes this worse. You can set your watch by a CH defensive substitution under these circumstances leading to the inevitable flailing around on the edge of our box for 15 minutes. They could power a City on the ensuing heart rate explosion between us all during that period!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's me that is.

I commented to someone, that I 'enjoyed' the Chelsea home game, more than the Arsenal one. I wasn't even entirely joking.

I know what you mean with that - during stoppage time against Arsenal I actually felt nauseous.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If fans have to actually watch the entire game that will rule out a big chunk of our support....

Would be quite funny to see the data if we're 3-0 down and suddenly everyones heart rates go through the roof on 84 minutes.........as they sprint down to the station.

el punal

I think you and I, old chap, belong to the same club! The only time I feel comfortable is when we're three goals up with ten minutes to go, and even then I worry that we'll concede in the 81st minute and the ref adds on seven minutes of injury time.

Mind you, I would rather have that anxiety than the resigned air of we're 2-0 down and not a hope in hell of pulling it back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you and I, old chap, belong to the same club! The only time I feel comfortable is when we're three goals up with ten minutes to go, and even then I worry that we'll concede in the 81st minute and the ref adds on seven minutes of injury time.

Mind you, I would rather have that anxiety than the resigned air of we're 2-0 down and not a hope in hell of pulling it back.

I have seen it done. 2-0 down at 83 minutes and Steve Sidwell scored two goals in the last 10 minutes to draw with Burnley.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The last few mins of the most recent Wolves home game was fun, must have been double digits worth of corners at the death, thought it was going to be my death.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The last few mins of the most recent Wolves home game was fun, must have been double digits worth of corners at the death, thought it was going to be my death.

QPR last season was one of the worst for me. I couldn't go so watched it via NOWtv. I actually left the front room and stood in the garden for 10 minutes to get some fresh air, until my husband came to the back door to tell me it was ok.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's all about being caught in the moment. Couple of lads sit near me. They're from Crawley. Nice blokes. For 80 minutes of the game, they're up on their feet, giving vehement dog's abuse to the match officials, the opposition players and supporters and generally acting like the ultramost Ultras in Ultraland. Then on 80 minutes they switch the off button and GUMP for the Early Leaver Express, bless 'em :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here