Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup semi final and final ticket prices

el punal

Yet again football fans wonder why the FA Cup competition is devalued. Firstly, the nonsense of using Wembley for the semi-finals when it should it be used solely for the final as the ultimate showpiece event. Secondly, fans inconvenienced (again!) by having a late kick off for Man Utd v Spurs game resulting in thousands of fans not being able to catch trains home to Manchester. Thirdly, the exorbitant increase in ticket prices for both semi-final and final matches - cash cow to help pay for Wembley Stadium?

And, finally, fourthly, all the above will probably ensure a reduced attendance as many fans will think "No, sod it!" - and you can hardly blame them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pure greed nothing else, lets face it the FA Cup is shot. Would be funny if they didnt sell out

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
“The cheapest tickets for these matches will remain the same as in 2016 and 2017, £30 for the semi-finals and £45 for the final,” said Ambler. “This season we made the decision to increase the price of some tickets in the stadium. This is the first time that we have raised the price of tickets for Emirates FA Cup semi-final and final ties in three years.

“The Emirates FA Cup semi-final and final are some of the most prestigious events in the sporting calendar and these new prices are in line with many of these events.

“It’s always important to remember that The FA is a not-for-profit organisation where every pound and penny of profit is reinvested back into every level of football in England. If you’re buying a ticket for the semi-final or the final you are directly investing in the future of the game in this country.”

Jesus wept, the FA are passing that off as a justification.

And no, the FA Cup semi-final - even these days - is nothing like as prestigious as the final.

It's a bunch of meaningless words they ram together in the forlorn hope someone will swallow it.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
It will sell out, it always does. Allocation to the teams taking part is small, 30,000 each for the semi's and 25,000 each for the final. All the rest go to the 'FA Family' If Brighton had got there it would have sold out.

I've been to a few semi's and finals the last few years and thoroughly enjoyed them all, personally I think it is a great day out. I have spent a lot more on a lot less in other things I do.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How do the prices compare with Chelsea or Arsenal tickets or Spurs tickets next season? I suspect that they are quite similar and there will be plenty of people who will pay for them. I would for a FA Cup semi final or final.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A bit like the Dartford bridge....

A bit off topic (and a bit geeky, I'll admit), but the money paid for the Dartford Crossing is a congestion charge, not to pay for the bridge/tunnel. I thought exactly the same as both of you when the price doubled (from memory) overnight and actually ended up writing an article about it. On interviewing the Doris from the management company, she informed me that it was exactly the same as the London congestion charge, so wasn't specifically paying for the construction or upkeep of the bridge/tunnel – my line of questioning being 'how come the maintenance costs have increased by 50%'.

That being said, I have no idea how the Wembley thing works...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I kind of hope there'll be a mass boycott. It worked at Liverpool and it needs to be done again...

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I see the game that involves one team's fans travelling over 200 miles kicks off at 5.15 while the Chelsea/Southampton game is at 3pm

Well done FA

Don't Southampton fans have to travel further than the Man U fans as most of them live in and around London? :)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Cheapest adult ticket for home match v Spurs is £45

Exactly this!
People have bean moaning about prices at OT and now Wembley, but they are both cheaper, or as cheap as it costs me to watch us at home to one of the 'big' teams???

Or am I missing something....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yet again football fans wonder why the FA Cup competition is devalued. Firstly, the nonsense of using Wembley for the semi-finals when it should it be used solely for the final as the ultimate showpiece event. Secondly, fans inconvenienced (again!) by having a late kick off for Man Utd v Spurs game resulting in thousands of fans not being able to catch trains home to Manchester. Thirdly, the exorbitant increase in ticket prices for both semi-final and final matches - cash cow to help pay for Wembley Stadium?

And, finally, fourthly, all the above will probably ensure a reduced attendance as many fans will think "No, sod it!" - and you can hardly blame them.

Not sure the attendance will be lower but the amount of 'regular fans' might be

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here