Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] My name is Bold and I'm a Yoga-holic

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I absolutely love it. Mental calmness, flexibility, strength, body alignment. I'm with Bruno on this one, it is now an essential part of my routine. Bit of Yin, Hatha and Flow during the week, already feeling the benefits as well as switching to mainly herbal tea.

Anyone else know their downward facing dog from their warrior 2?

el punal

I absolutely love it. Mental calmness, flexibility, strength, body alignment. I'm with Bruno on this one, it is now an essential part of my routine. Bit of Yin, Hatha and Flow during the week, already feeling the benefits as well as switching to mainly herbal tea.

Do they serve these at the Evening Star?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If you do Yoga, then you know Broga :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'd hazard a guess you're at The Circle? Wife has done yoga for years and goes most days to the Circle. I follow random stretches she knows for any running niggles and after the Moyleman marathon on Sunday she got me in front of the TV following Adrienne on Youtube for 30 minutes. Booked us both in for a Yin Workshop next month (wife unfortunately not Adrienne).

Did wonders for Ryan Giggs.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I do it and I love it...........but for gawd's sake don't eat too much before you do it.

I nearly threw up on my yoga mat the first time. :)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I enjoy a bit of yoga. It’s brilliant! C3685881-8E72-45B4-83C7-5B74B3E0D88C.jpeg]

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd hazard a guess you're at The Circle? Wife has done yoga for years and goes most days to the Circle. I follow random stretches she knows for any running niggles and after the Moyleman marathon on Sunday she got me in front of the TV following Adrienne on Youtube for 30 minutes. Booked us both in for a Yin Workshop next month (wife unfortunately not Adrienne).

Did wonders for Ryan Giggs.

Good guess! :thumbsup:

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick

Been doing it bout year and a half now love it, dong it to help prolong my playing career and at 41 still feel good and playing county inbetween Albion games

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I really want to get into it soon.
Had a terrible 2017 with multiple leg injuries. Hopefully it would help.

Plus, paddle-board yoga looks like a good way to spend a warm Sunday morning in Vancouver.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
For anyone out there with body pain I would recommened getting into yoga. As a teenager I had a lot of lower back pain and developed a scoliosis which is not a lot of fun. I had loads of conventional treatments (ultrasound, traction, acupuncture, osteopathy, manipulation under anaesthetic etc etc you name it) but getting into yoga was what has kept me sorted since. There's a reason it's been around in Indian culture for thousands of years; it works. And posture (asana) is part of a much wider philosphical system. Something as simple as a few daily sun salutations (surya namaskar) done properly are a brilliant antidote to sitting at a desk. I'd also recomemnd looking into yogic breathing or pranayama.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yep. Nine months in. Body shape totally changed - i’ve dropped from a 34 inch waist to a 32. back pain totally gone. I’m a massive fan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For anyone out there with body pain I would recommened getting into yoga. As a teenager I had a lot of lower back pain and developed a scoliosis which is not a lot of fun. I had loads of conventional treatments (ultrasound, traction, acupuncture, osteopathy, manipulation under anaesthetic etc etc you name it) but getting into yoga was what has kept me sorted since. There's a reason it's been around in Indian culture for thousands of years; it works. And posture (asana) is part of a much wider philosphical system. Something as simple as a few daily sun salutations (surya namaskar) done properly are a brilliant antidote to sitting at a desk. I'd also recomemnd looking into yogic breathing or pranayama.

I have scoliosis. A smart physiotherapist at Tommy's suggested an exercise to straighten the bend. I tried it. Since then, with an occasional top up if I feel the twinge before the storm, I have been pain free. That's for 3 years, after 48 years of intermittent pain, sometimes leaving me curled up in bed for days. And only a few years ago I was offered surgery and plating, which would have left me unable to bend properly (on the plus side, my legs would never have been ar risk of being sawn right off), and ended my days as Faversham hula hoop champion. Luckily I declined. The complete and utter shyster.

I have also started physio for my trapped nerve (which is actually nerves in the brachial plexus being compressed and unable to move in their sheath) and the improvement is amazing - in a couple of days. I have almost nearly stopped sobbing!

Conventional physio is brilliant - but it is pot luck whether you get someone smart or a twerp, on the NHS, in my experience.

But unfortunately I'm FAR too busy to start on yoga....:whistle::facepalm::wozza::lolol:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
My mrs has been doing it for years but when I started carrying mid back pain she recommended a few certain stretches for me to do. I just do 5 minutes of stretches most nights now and its totally sorted me out.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So my yoga teacher today also does the Albion U23s and youth teams improving their flexibility and helping with their general wellbeing. Must ask her whether that’s been a Bruno led thing into the club.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Theres a great yoga place here, I do some of the less strenuous ones. Lying down mostly lol. Meditation more so. Warm yin, yoga nidra, fall asleep sometimes or near to. Tai chi depending on work. Sound baths. Incredibly relaxing, good friends and wish I'd tried it before.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

When you can pick a pound coin off the floor without using your hands, feet or mouth, only then you can start boasting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here