Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stam gone at Reading

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Mutual consent' supposedly. Been a shocking season for him/them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
one season wonder.

Seem to recall they went to rats shit well before the end of last season. At one point they even had a sniff of 2nd before we stamped all over that

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My guess is before post 17.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Massively overachieved last season, kept expecting them to blow up but they never did and somehow fluked it past Fulham in the semis who were/are a much better team, very much like Wednesday beating us that time. Average squad been found out this season. To be fair to him he has had very bad injuries, and the owners haven't given him any real cash.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jaap Stam.PNG

Chin up son.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Clear sign on Saturday when he wouldn't speak to the press. Then a local journo ( Tim Dellor ) said there would be a big announcement before the weekend. Three points off relegation zone and unable to win. Only needs Brum to catch fire under Monk ( won 3-0 last time out ) and Reading could be in drop zone.
To be fair they had a stack of injuries in the first half of the season and weren't able to get any momentum going. Key players like Kermogant ( nearly 20 goals last season ) have missed a lot of games. Just lately, he has been blooding youngsters, in a seemingly desperate bid to turn it round or to guage the squad for next season ( delete least likely )
From watching him, I detected a self-confidence bordering on arrogance and speaking to Reading contacts, I got the impression that his man-management style was bullish to say the least. Apparently, he regularly targetted the fans, calling for them to get behind the team and offer more support, who in return, seemed to be less than enthusiastic at this call to arms.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cannot understand why he was not sacked earlier than this

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Poyet to Reading?

Would not bet against either him or Oscar in fact. However, my advice to Reading would be to cut their cloth accordingly. Many more seasons at Championship level or worse relegated will see them outed as the rather small club that they are. Certainly their attendances are dropping away alarmingly...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Clear sign on Saturday when he wouldn't speak to the press. Then a local journo ( Tim Dellor ) said there would be a big announcement before the weekend. Three points off relegation zone and unable to win. Only needs Brum to catch fire under Monk ( won 3-0 last time out ) and Reading could be in drop zone.
To be fair they had a stack of injuries in the first half of the season and weren't able to get any momentum going. Key players like Kermogant ( nearly ended Liam Rosenior's career last season ) have missed a lot of games. Just lately, he has been blooding youngsters, in a seemingly desperate bid to turn it round or to guage the squad for next season ( delete least likely )
From watching him, I detected a self-confidence bordering on arrogance and speaking to Reading contacts, I got the impression that his man-management style was bullish to say the least. Apparently, he regularly targetted the fans, calling for them to get behind the team and offer more support, who in return, seemed to be less than enthusiastic at this call to arms.

It's petty, it's childish, but I am still outraged, so I have made a small amendment to your post to reflect what I think every time I see his name.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would not bet against either him or Oscar in fact. However, my advice to Reading would be to cut their cloth accordingly. Many more seasons at Championship level or worse relegated will see them outed as the rather small club that they are. Certainly their attendances are dropping away alarmingly...

Considering Poyet is doing pretty well in France, I find that unlikely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Considering Poyet is doing pretty well in France, I find that unlikely.

No wins and 1 goal in 5 would suggest the honeymoon is over.

Oh and NSC you've let me down, post 20 and still no sign.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here