Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We might need a new toaster and I've always fancied one of the big Dualit 4-slice efforts.

They are ridiculously expensive though. Are they worth they money?

Anyone have one of these bad boys >>> http://amzn.to/2G7nCzQ

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a three slice version, two for toast and one with a cage thing for toasted sandwiches. I have had it for 15 years and it’s still going strong. I’d say they are worth it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've bought a couple of toasters in the last couple of years, and did look at a Dualit model - but I end up not using them as I don't buy cut bread and tend to buy loaves that are not square (never buy packeted bread), so they don't fit in a toaster. I just use the grill.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As you love Apple products Bozza a Dualit is the perfect toaster for you.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Every toaster i have had has blown up within 4 years. Morphy Richards et al.

I am looking at a smeg or dualit..

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We might need a new toaster and I've always fancied one of the big Dualit 4-slice efforts.

I have that exact model. Had it for years. Disappointed, tbh. I don’t find it toasts evenly at all - wouldn’t buy it again. I’ve often wondered about getting a glass-sided toaster - the ability to keep an eye on the amount of browning and pop it up at exactly the right moment appeals.

However, I really like my dualit kettles.

Edit: I guess to the toaster’s credit - it has, like HT’s, lasted for years and years.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In a word....no.

They look great but they still only burn bread, this can be done more economically.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I put bread in my 25 quid stainless steel toaster this morning and it came out as toast.

I've had that toaster since moving In 6 years ago.

This doesn't feel like the most logical investment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks. I had no idea there were so many variations! https://www.dualit.com/products/classic-toasters

They are certainly robust, and also fully serviceable, so it should last a very long time if not a life time. The only problem I have had with my toaster was the colour, being a man I wanted chrome, the missus wanted a pastel version. After a short stand off I won, for once.

Last edited:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Santa* brought me and my wife a 4 slice Dualit toaster. He must have listened to me going on about wanting one for the last 10 years, funnily enough no one else listened. I love that toaster, keep your fast cars and your fast women give me a good toaster any day.

*there was only one fat bearded man providing gifts last year and it wasn't Santa.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Every toaster i have had has blown up within 4 years. Morphy Richards et al.

I am looking at a smeg or dualit..

I've had my Morphy Richards £35 4 slice toaster for 10 years and it is still doing the toast.

It did stop working once, but basically it had so many crumbs and stuff in the bottom, it was shorting the elements. Gave it a good clean out, and there was a huge amount of burnt bits of toast and crumbs etc. and it was fine, much to my wife's annoyance who wanted a new one. Any toaster needs clearing out once in a while.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have that exact model. Had it for years. Disappointed, tbh. I don’t find it toasts evenly at all - wouldn’t buy it again. I’ve often wondered about getting a glass-sided toaster - the ability to keep an eye on the amount of browning and pop it up at exactly the right moment appeals.

However, I really like my dualit kettles.

Edit: I guess to the toaster’s credit - it has, like HT’s, lasted for years and years.

I wonder if the element(s) are damaged?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As you love Apple products Bozza a Dualit is the perfect toaster for you.

This is of course the correct answer.

If you need to ask whether something is worth the cost, in a vain attempt to justify it, you already know it isn't. But it LOOKS nice, and you DESIRE it.

So you'll buy it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We've got a four slicer, decked out in a rather fetching duck egg blue. We've had it for a few years now and it has been ok, no breakdowns etc - two main issues...
1. The slice apertures are not very wide thus restricting the type/thickness of bread you can insert
2. It tends to brown a tad more unevenly than other models - this seems to be a massive issue with WHICH readers who like a nice even browning but never bothered me, I take it as it comes
On the plus side it looks great and because you can opt to either use the 2 or 4 toaster I imagine its reasonably resource efficient.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Yes,well worth the money,there is a very good reason they sell bucket loads to the catering industry.
Nisbets in Brighton have a good stock https://www.nisbets.co.uk/brightonstore and they often have them reduced when they have a sale on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here