Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] *How LONG have you had your CAR ? *

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've had my CAR over 50 years now, I bought a BRAND new A40 Dark BLUE model in 1965, 26th June in fact from my PAL Norman in Worthing and it has done me a TURN ever since , as we are both getting on in YEARS now I only USE it to TOOTLE along to the CLIFTONVILLE and back when it's cold or wet and I don't want to go on my TRICYCLE.

In fact it was such a bargain I wondered if it had been STOLEN but Norman had the log book and RECEIPT so it was KOSHER and well worth EVERY penny I paid for it. I can't believe how LUCKY I was to get such a SUPERB car.

Has anyone had their car LONGER than ME ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had my CAR over 50 years now, I bought a BRAND new A40 Dark BLUE model in 1965, 26th June in fact from my PAL Norman in Worthing and it has done me a TURN ever since , as we are both getting on in YEARS now I only USE it to TOOTLE along to the CLIFTONVILLE and back when it's cold or wet and I don't want to go on my TRICYCLE.

In fact it was such a bargain I wondered if it had been STOLEN but Norman had the log book and RECEIPT so it was KOSHER and well worth EVERY penny I paid for it. I can't believe how LUCKY I was to get such a SUPERB car.

:lolol:

Grear post.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I thought you were older than water :cool:

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
No, I can't claim to have owned anything for that long but the A40 was a great little car, the first true hatchback. I just had a look on the Classic Cars website and there are two on there in good condition going for £13750 and £11950! What's yours like Ernest, got any photos? Are you interested in selling? If so please let me know.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016

Calling @Dr.No

No.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Trading my 3.5 year Mondeo in Thursday for another done 234,200 Miles in that time as Private Hire driver is that a record ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
No, I can't claim to have owned anything for that long but the A40 was a great little car, the first true hatchback. I just had a look on the Classic Cars website and there are two on there in good condition going for £13750 and £11950! What's yours like Ernest, got any photos? Are you interested in selling? If so please let me know.

You need to read post #248 of the drink driving thread...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know that BG will be delighted to read this. After all, If Norm hadn't nicked the motor then BG might have finally found out where the custody suite was as he had a TANKFUL.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've had my white Mercedes convertible since 1963. Mind you, I don't have any Scalextric track to race it any more ....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Welcome back, and on top form [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My wife’s grandfather imported a brand new Riley RMB in 1950 and it’s been in the family ever since, currently residing in my garage. Does that count?

One of these years I will restore it to its former glory...

I also still have my sons first TRICYCLE.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Golf gti for about a year, had 5 cars past 12 years

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

No, but my first car was a 1963 Austin A40. Great little car until it died of the dreaded rust disease in about 1973. Took me to many home and away, Albion games.
Have had my present car for about a year.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I've had my current motorbike and sidecar for 15 years now. It has taken me all over Europe several times. Only let me down once when I had to get recovered home from Barcelona!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here