Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Davy Pröpper article.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies for the translation, regurgitated from Google.

Literally (with the KLM direction Oranje after the FA Cup-game against Manchester United) and figuratively. The 26-year-old midfielder gets lyrical descriptions when his trainer Chris Hughton is asked if he can list Pröpper. "The man is flying," says the former international of Ireland. It is an English expression for someone who does a fantastic job.

Hughton played thirteen seasons in the first team of Tottenham Hotspur and he knows English professional football. "If you come in without preparation and your first match with your new squad is against Manchester City, you will have a hard time choosing. That was not an easy start for Davy. But he did a great job. "

Pröpper has a dynamic and long capacity that many Premier League footballers are jealous of. He links this to his insight and technique. The fifteen million euros that Brighton paid for him has been a bargain according to fans and club leaders.

Hughton: "Davy can play in two, actually three positions of the midfield. He is developing madly. He can handle every assignment. "For that reason he can no longer be left out of the team and he also gets an important part of the credits for the surprising spot in the middle.

On a visit in Manchester, when he throws the sheets against one of the absolute top clubs against United for a long time on Saturday night, we see how he feels like a fish in the water in England. This is his competition, his style and his natural habitat. Everything in a fast pace and a formidable care with his passes.

Great to play against the English
On the way back to the Netherlands, he talks about his wonderful experiences. "Outside the top six, everyone is so well matched that every race is one of life and death," says Pröpper. "Every game is very important, at a killer pace and at a high level. That's why I think it's great that we start the new cycle with the Dutch team on Friday against England, the country where I can play football. "

He says with a good feeling to join the Orange. "Of course that has to do with what I show at Brighton. I get a lot of strength from that. "The midfielder has played eight international matches so far. It is striking that as international of Vitesse (one game) and PSV (four games) he did not score, but as Brighton & Hove Albion player in the Orange jersey runs one-on-one: three international matches, three goals. "I got the confidence on an attacking position in the midfield. As number ten ... "

At his club he is more often the controlling man. Even though his coach was also very enthusiastic when he played further against Arsenal. The team of Arsène Wenger went and Pröpper was again fantastic in that match.

"I have a different role at Brighton, indeed. I just have to check how that goes with the Dutch national team. No, no, I have no preference, I think I can handle all positions in the midfield. "After a slight hesitation, there is still a small preference. "I prefer to be in a place where I get the most hit."

'We're going to start off nicely'
"I hear from the national coach what he intends to do with me", Pröpper does not want to anticipate things. "Although we both have a Vitesse and PSV past, I had never met Mr. Koeman until this week. "What a coach he is and what I expect to expect, I find difficult to answer. I just came in with an open mind and confidence from Orange. We're going to start ... "

Pröpper knows the discussion about not training hard enough in the Netherlands and agrees that he has physically progressed. "Especially the first week I did not know what happened to me and I had a hard time", he says. "We played against Manchester City at home, were new to the Premier League and it felt like we had just started playing football as pupils. That was incredibly frustrating, but after that we also picked up well as a team. We get a lot of confidence from the last matches. And personally, I have also taken steps. "

Yet according to him, they are mainly on the mental plane. "My fat percentage has remained the same and in the Netherlands I also walked a lot, but you have to be razor sharp in your head . The head duels, the balls that just fall between them: you have to win them, 95 minutes long. It is surviving in the midfield. There are matches in the Premier League decided. If I renounce it will be difficult for our defense. "

More>>>http://sportwitness.co.uk/every-mat...tells-dutch-media-hes-enjoying-brighton-much/

More>>>https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1808823/propper-heerlijk-om-nu-tegen-de-engelsen-te-spelen

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He was so off the pace when he started but has adapted really well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri Propper.
Class.
Hope he plays on Friday.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He is developing madly

I really want to hear Hughton describe him like that. Can't imagine him using slang like that. "He's wicked, blud!" etc etc.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
How many hours had he been at the cub before being plonked into CM against the best team in the league?

Sadly a few NSCers didn't work that out at the time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I really want to hear Hughton describe him like that. Can't imagine him using slang like that. "He's wicked, blud!" etc etc.

"He's become a real part of the family, fam." :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Davy Propper starts tonight for Holland's friendly in Slovakia.

Seems to score more for the Dutch. Don't think it's a televised match.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's real shame the Dutch didn't qualify for the World Cup - I would have loved to watch them with an Albion player at the heart of their midfield.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jose Izquierdo flys the flag for Colombia and Maty Ryan will be kept busy in a tough group for the Aussies with France, Denmark and Peru.

Holland 1-0 down early on.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I think he's a handy player. Gross (rightly so) has gained a lot of plaudits this year, but Propper really grew into the season. Excited to see how he does next year. Stephens, Gross and Propper is a Premier League midfield.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'd forgotten just how good Propper's assist for Gross against Stoke was. The one where he want past about 5 opponents before laying it on a plate for Pascal from a wide position. Definitely up there with the season's best displays of individual quality.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd forgotten just how good Propper's assist for Gross against Stoke was. The one where he want past about 5 opponents before laying it on a plate for Pascal from a wide position. Definitely up there with the season's best displays of individual quality.
Add in that turn away to West Ham that set up Jose's goal.......and the outside of the boot passes at the Amex - couple of great examples. Real class.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here