Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which new Albion player has impressed you the most?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For me it has been The Greyhound. At first he looked out of his depth, slow, awkward, clueless. Now I get excited when I see him striding forward. He still, for me, is a rough diamond but he has improved so much as the season progresses. Not only has he impressed, he is keeping a legend out of the team!:thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pascal Groß for me :thumbsup:
Surprised he's not in the German national team.

If he were English, he'd be a shoo-in for the national team. The fact that he's not even close to the German squad is a sobering thought about the gap in quality between the two countries.

He's been the stand-out new arrival for me

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Propper. Vision/weight of pass and still interested to see him pushed further forward...

We may see that when England play against him...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Have we every had such a successful summer transfer window with all of Ryan, Suttner, Scheletto, Propper , Gross, Izquierdo and Krul adding to the quality of the squad.

Over the season so far I would just put Gross ahead

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Where Groß has been sublime, his stats over the last two years in the Bundesliga implied that he would probably be able to make the grade (still surprising how great he has been!)

Ryan on the other hand, though clearly a keeper of high pedigree, had a big hole to fill when Stockdale left. I saw a large part of our success last year as having that triumvirate (Duffy, Dunk, Stockdale) protecting the goal and thought Stockdale's mental impact would be too difficult to immediately replace. If anything Maty has out-togethered Stocky, and filled that role unbelievably well!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Gross - and was the fee just £3m+ish? I can't think of many better signings in The Premier League last summer when a player like that signs for a fee like that.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They've all been great, obviously, but Maty Ryan is the standout for me. He had big gloves to fill, stepping up to replace a popular figure that did well for us, and was being written off by a small minority after only a couple of games, but he overcame the setbacks, started turning in some great performances and has really embraced the club and won the hearts of the fans.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It is really hard to pick one player out, they have all done exceptionally well. But like the OP, It's Schelotto for me. His game by game improvement has been amazing and now is such an exciting player to watch. I have to admit when I saw him away at spurs, he looked so out of his depth that when I saw he was on the team against Chelsea I feared the worse, but he has got better and better.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Groß. Whilst the pundits will lick the arses of the likes of Salah et al as the 'best buy of the season', we all know its Groß.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here