Gods country fortnightly
They're into all kinds of sh1t

Capture.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
CEO is a lying brass-necked Obama-hating cockweasel criminal treasonous traitor. I have blocked the clown but I can just guess what a certain poster will be saying about all this. Don't be fooled by tory-boy propagandist troll. Stand by for mountains of 'whataboutism' :facepalm:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm really pleased that the truth about Cambridge Analytica is finally coming out :rock:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm really pleased that the truth about Cambridge Analytica is finally coming out :rock:

Part the reason I don't use any of the major social media platforms, keep location services off on my smart phone and out empty cookies on the PC. These companies are seriously meddling in democracy on a global scale.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

There's been plenty of information out there about Cambridge Analytica for over a year, but what's been revealed over the past few days is far more concrete. [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] has this perfectly. It's all about the right perverting democracy, because the right doesn't like democracy, because democracy is about equality, and the right likes hierarchy. But it's nothing new, this is what the right has done all along (just as one example, the Zinoviev letter). What's far more interesting is that they've been doing it within this context, which indicates that they're worried, which is a good thing.
Democracy is the left's project, the tragedy is that they haven't been reinforcing that association in recent decades, but there are signs that this is changing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know anything about this. All I know is cats are fluffy. And I keep getting adverts to buy mine a scratch post coming up in Facebook. So I'm off to get one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it seems that Channel 4 didn't involve the authorities about the expose, while running trailers for the programme which tipped of Cambridge Analytica and Facebook to cover tracks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
it seems that Channel 4 didn't involve the authorities about the expose, while running trailers for the programme which tipped of Cambridge Analytica and Facebook to cover tracks.

Far too late for that isn't it? More likely they were seeing what would be done when it all came out. IMO anyway...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Big destruction of big data will be going on as we speak.

The EU's GDPR should help curb this type of stuff in future, the European Commission are pretty much the only International body waking up to the threat is big tech firms

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nearly 7% taken off the Facebook share price yesterday as a result of this story.

Could be a buying opportunity if you were looking to get in.

#EveryCloud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here