[Football] Stephens injury

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here we go again. He's probably had his leg amputated

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought that it was suggested that he was touch and go to play against United in the cup so on that assumption he should be ok.

Being" hopeful" he'll make Leicester in two weeks would suggest it's more serious than we might have thought/been led to believe.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Being" hopeful" he'll make Leicester in two weeks would suggest it's more serious than we might have thought/been led to believe.

CH is "very" hopeful

Albion boss Hughton told The Argus: “Dale was closest and I think in the end it would have been too much of a risk to play him.

“It’s a minimal injury but the last thing we wanted was for him to play and potentially put himself out for a longer period.

“Gaetan was never going to make it in hindsight.

“We are very hopeful they will both be available for the next game against Leicester.

“Dale has just felt his hamstring slightly.

“It is not a hamstring pull but it is one we need to be really careful with.”

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Would we have to make do with Kayal :facepalm:or would CH take a chance on Max Sanders.

Not sure why I'm bothering to reply, but Kayal is perfectly adequate at this level. He was one of our better players on Saturday.

As for Dale: plenty of cautious negativity from usual place but I expect him to start Saturday week.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was advertised as a minor training ground knock initially...So I will believe it when I see it..

Yes it was, hence my being a little cynical about the latest update.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
misplaced facepalm. Poor against Everton but much better against United, players need a run of games to get up to speed. Last time Kayal had a long run of games in the Brighton first team he was named player of the season

Kayal is a very good back up but he ain't no Dale Stephens. Kayal will be fine though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that Kayal is up to Premiere standard but that is just my opinion. His biggest problem is giving away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. I thought that him and March were not good enough against United and didnt do their jobs adequately.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still to be tested really. The only season the pair of them played regularly alongside each other it was Kayal that won player of the season. I'm sure we'll never know what Kayal could do in a full premier league season, but still....

The fact we were offered 8 odd million for Stephens and as far as I'm aware no offers at all for Kayal would suggest that he is seen as a better player. I think Kayal is excellent and have no problem with him replacing Stephens but I'd rather have Stephens every time. Kayal was a revelation in his first two seasons I agree, but at a lower level.

Stephens is arguably our most effective player, he is missed whenever he doesn't play.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I do not think that Kayal is up to Premiere standard but that is just my opinion. His biggest problem is giving away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. I thought that him and March were not good enough against United and didnt do their jobs adequately.

So BG which of our players is good enough, or are there 2?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw him being zipped into a body bag the other day. RIP Dale.

I saw blue and white smoke coming out of the chimney at The Downs crematorium ths morning :cry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here