Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The one up front against Leicester

Who would your one up front be for Leicester?

• Murray

Votes: 200 87.0%
  • Locadia

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • Ulloa

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've read a few comments indicating that Locadia MUST start against Leicester which I just find bizarre.

If anything his performance last night, whilst promising, highlighted to me that he must NOT start against Leicester.

So, who would be your one up front against the Foxes?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The striker who has had an epiphany about balbness

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Muzza up top. The issue with starting both Locadia and Izzy is that both need to be the inverted left winger to cut in, so for that reason can see March starting and Locadia off the bench when needed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Murray for me. Aside from the header thought Locadia did well and gave us a bit more movement and won a lot up front. Looked good

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hemed for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray upfront.
Locadia on the left.
Izquierdo on the right.

That is the answer for me. We know Ulloa will not play as it is against Leicester and March should no where near the first team on recent performances the only plus with him is that he offers more protection to Schelotto defending but offers nothing going forward.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Izquierdo recent form is all about his one twos and cutting in from the left. Would be surprised to see Hughton change that.

Watching yesterday I would like to see more of Locadia on the left. Izquierdo came on and played on the right - he has to start at the moment as he is one of our form players.

March has had a good solid season for a young player. I thought he looked a bit jaded energy wise before he was subbed. He could just do with a couple of games coming off the bench.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We could really go for it and have TWO up front and Izzy and Solly down the wings. No doubt someone will remind me I know nothing about football, but hell, why not?! Grrrrrrr, c'mon you Seagulls!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Izquierdo recent form is all about his one twos and cutting in from the left. Would be surprised to see Hughton change that.

I thought that was why CH brought Izzy on for March wide on the right to try it out and perhaps give us a chance of an equal;iser. I was not impressed with March but must say the best cross for us was made by March that Locadia should at least have got on target.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
For me, although Locadia looked good, he didn't do enough pressing or tracking back when on the left (and other places) last night. Chris Hughton absolutely requires that you must do you defensive duties, so I wouldn't start him on the left. And Murray, in the form he's in, has to start up front. I was impressed by Ulloa, too - some brilliant knock downs and hold up play. But the biggest goal threat at the moment is Murray, and so he therefore must start.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Assuming Bong is fit, nailed on to be him and Izquierdo on the left I reckon . A proven combination which is what we’ll need with Riyad Mahrez to keep quiet. So Locadia back on the bench and Murray up top to start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here