Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manure pretendance 74000

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
According to Man U website

I accept it’s not as big a game do them as for us, but what an incredibly dull home crowd, just a small group made any noise.

Our noise great as usual, well done as travel has been tricky

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to Man U website

I accept it’s not as big a game do them as for us, but what an incredibly dull home crowd, just a small group made any noise.

Our noise great as usual, well done as travel has been tricky

I'd imagine the rest were the equivalent of the fella behind Jose.
Half and half scarf watching through his phone.

I'll hazard a guess he'd spent over £200 in the Megastore, and won't be back again.
You can understand why Barber-out's colleagues chase these fans, but they don't do it for the good of the game.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I'll hazard a guess he'd spent over £200 in the Megastore, and won't be back again.
You can understand why Barber-out's colleagues chase these fans, but they don't do it for the good of the game.

Yes, and the person walking behind he goal when the 2nd one went in and didn’t even look up

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just after we got back to the hotel last night two coaches full of Japanese tourists arrived back from the game. All had their mega store bags with them.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Presumably it was not so apparent on TV but there seemed to be as many empty seats at the end as at West Ham.
And what was that tannoy announcement that we would be held back? Don't they realise that we, generally, have to travel further home than their fans who only have to get to London, Basingstoke, etc. It was probably for our own safety as the streets outside were already full to bursting - unlike inside the ground.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was kind of surreal when United got the second, didn’t actually think it was a goal for a second until the fire drill started

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was that not Tony Bloom?
Last ten minutes I thought the Stretford End were going to invade the pitch. Front 10 rows jammed but empty rest of the way back, as if they were ready to run on at the final whistle.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
‘There’s no one there, there’s no one there’ ! :)

leavers.jpg

Taken around the 75/80 minute mark :nono: Shocking. And people moan about early leavers at The Amex.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just after we got back to the hotel last night two coaches full of Japanese tourists arrived back from the game. All had their mega store bags with them.

To be fair, Manchester United are the biggest club in the world and people all over the world want to support them.

I have no problem with this at all.

Who knows one day people will want to come over to see us...you never know.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
United fan on the tram back to town was loudly proclaiming that Liverpool had been quiet, but that we were even quieter.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My sons football team did a stadium tour of OT. These tours must bring in millions to the club. Groups of 40/50 people every 15 minutes, every day, finishing at the mega store.

Most of the visitors were Japanese.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
View attachment 95257

Taken around the 75/80 minute mark :nono: Shocking. And people moan about early leavers at The Amex.

I could not understand what happening, they scored a second goal and all their fans got up and left like, it was the other way round, bizarre. I used the seagulls travel for the first time. Fantastic really impressed if I was going to a game that far away, would use again. Then my problems started after trying to get back from the Amex to my mums. We got back about 3:30 this morning, where inches of snow had fallen. They had cleared car park and not issues getting out. Now I drive a rear wheel drives mx5 (I am a girl) my mum lives in Hangelton, so after almost skiing my car down snakey hill, there was no way it was going up the other side. So pulled of and parked up, then walked to my mums from there. Quite an adventure. Picked the car up this afternoon it is like I imagined it, snow all gone. Impressed with Old Trafford, but not their plastic fans. Their real fans were nice.

Jul 7, 2003
Fairly sure United STHs have to buy cup tickets as part of their contract - whether they want to go or not.

All joking aside, they do have support from far and wide and the Saturday night KO is not great for them either. For example, when we came back from the league game in November, there were loads of people at the airport heading back to Belfast and Dublin.

With the weather forecast and the game being on the TV you can see why they might have decided to give this one a miss.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Presumably it was not so apparent on TV but there seemed to be as many empty seats at the end as at West Ham.
And what was that tannoy announcement that we would be held back? Don't they realise that we, generally, have to travel further home than their fans who only have to get to London, Basingstoke, etc. It was probably for our own safety as the streets outside were already full to bursting - unlike inside the ground.

The tannoy announcer asked if we might like to remain in our seats at the end rather than saying we would be kept in. I thought it was a rather pointless question.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So do we collect 40% of the gate receipts for a 74000 crowd then? If so, happy days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here