Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OT atmosphere

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Thought it was very quiet in our end blocks e335 onwards compared with when we are normally away. Ended up moving the other side e331 just to get some atmosphere. A lot of regulars seem to have stayed away for this one which is understable given the pricing and timing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A big ‘Hats Off’ to the Albion fans who responded to the United fans singing “Twenty Times Twenty Times” with “Park the bus, park the bus Man United, Park the bus, Park the bus I say, Park the bus, Park the bus Man United, playing football the Mourinho way”

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Who were the United fans to our left who seemed to be the only home fans singing. That is the away area normally. Had they been moved from our area?
Not the loudest last night from our fans. I've left grounds with a ringing in my ears from the noise on many occasions last season.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The Fox TV commentator did mention a few times that it was the Albion fans making the noise, and on the tellybox it came over as such.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Who were the United fans to our left who seemed to be the only home fans singing. That is the away area normally. Had they been moved from our area?
Not the loudest last night from our fans. I've left grounds with a ringing in my ears from the noise on many occasions last season.
Yes. Moved to create a singing section for that game with an eye to the future.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Strangely one of the papers said today that the United fans were awesome in their singing last night, back to their usual noise.

I don't know what's wrong with my ears but hardly heard them at all except for occasional "United".

Whatever, our group had a great day out.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Was speaking to some United fans before the match, the normal away corner was designated the singing section for last night.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Strangely one of the papers said today that the United fans were awesome in their singing last night, back to their usual noise.

I don't know what's wrong with my ears but hardly heard them at all except for occasional "United".

Whatever, our group had a great day out.

The block in the corner were singing all game.......not sure a squeak came from anywhere else though

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The block in the corner were singing all game.......not sure a squeak came from anywhere else though

I was in the disabled seating, with that Man Utd singing section directly behind us. From where we were, could not really hear our fans up in the top tier, but theirs was continuous from start to finish! A repetoire from them. Every song seemed to have a constant hand clap that gave it a rhythm, enabling to continue for long stretches.

Very strange acoustics in the stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here