[Albion] Max Sanders

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[tweet]1308897782317682690[/tweet]

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Man of the match for me tonight.

I loved his confidence, composure and poise on the ball. As I said on another thread, it reminded me of when Alzate broke through into the first time and shocked me with his confidence and ability on the ball in that company.

Look forward to seeing a lot more of him in the first team in the future.

When you consider how good Roberts was on the ball too, I love how we seem to be bringing through these players who are so comfortable on the ball and in possession.

Nothing more to add really, thought he was outstanding considering that was his first start for the 1st team, looked like he's started regularly for years.

Definitely motm for me.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I liked what I saw in the hour or so that I watched. Grew in confidence as the game wore on, was always showing for the ball, composed on it and a very tidy passer keeping the ball moving at pace. There's a lot to like there.

I'd like to see him go on loan to the championship for the season once we're out of the league cup(or at the last possible date if we're somehow still in the cup). A season playing week in week out in a competitive, good quality league should improve him no end, then this time next year he'll be a genuine starting option for the first team. Rather than the rumours of Molumby going back to Millwall perhaps we could give them Sanders instead.

Just think this time next year we could be starting a premier league midfield of Alzate, Molumby and Sanders. Three graduates of the academy. That's pretty ****ing cool.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Man of the match for me tonight.

I loved his confidence, composure and poise on the ball. As I said on another thread, it reminded me of when Alzate broke through into the first time and shocked me with his confidence and ability on the ball in that company.

Look forward to seeing a lot more of him in the first team in the future.

When you consider how good Roberts was on the ball too, I love how we seem to be bringing through these players who are so comfortable on the ball and in possession.

You're not alone in that. He was for Warren and/or* JC too.

*Apologies: I only caught a glimpse of it, but one of them definitely stated it, and I'm not sure if the other agreed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sanders was superb last night. Max had a lovely range of passing and lots of good movement. You would have to think a championship loan would be the next step or we just hope our cup team can progress far enough to give these players more gametime.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I liked what I saw in the hour or so that I watched. Grew in confidence as the game wore on, was always showing for the ball, composed on it and a very tidy passer keeping the ball moving at pace. There's a lot to like there.

I'd like to see him go on loan to the championship for the season once we're out of the league cup(or at the last possible date if we're somehow still in the cup). A season playing week in week out in a competitive, good quality league should improve him no end, then this time next year he'll be a genuine starting option for the first team. Rather than the rumours of Molumby going back to Millwall perhaps we could give them Sanders instead.

Just think this time next year we could be starting a premier league midfield of Alzate, Molumby and Sanders. Three graduates of the academy. That's pretty ****ing cool.

Would be fantastic. Alzate the silky carrier, Sanders the passer and Molumby the hard nut Irishman: has a nice balance to it!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sanders was superb last night. Max had a lovely range of passing and lots of good movement. You would have to think a championship loan would be the next step or we just hope our cup team can progress far enough to give these players more gametime.

I saw someone on The Athletic suggest that we could end up keeping Molumby in the 1st team squad this year & send Sanders to Millwall instead. Winner all round!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I saw someone on The Athletic suggest that we could end up keeping Molumby in the 1st team squad this year & send Sanders to Millwall instead. Winner all round!

Maybe it was you! :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This could be an excellent idea if as we suspect Molumby gets the nod over Propper as Bissouma's replacement on Saturday and he acquits himself well

Stumpy Tim

In the first half he seemed to be getting too close to other players, and putting himself in the wrong positions. I can only imagine that was nerves. In the second half he ran the show and completely outshone his Dutch international midfield partner... and I´m a Propper fan.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is he on a 1 year contract, or do we have an option of a 2nd year ?

As I have previously posted on here, from the way the club reported it this summer it is impossible to tell how long he is contracted for:-

Did he though?

The club tweet that announced the deal originally stated he had signed "until at least the end of the 2022/23 season."

The article on the club website also initially stated that, until it was changed to read "..until at least the end of the 2021/22 season." However, the same article also stated "Max Sanders has agreed a new one-year deal..." which didn't make any sense, as he was out of contract.

It is impossible to tell, from what the club has reported, how long his deal is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here