Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talking behind their gloves...why

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I watched our Greyhound have a long chat with Jose M with his gloved hand over his mouth. Same when the game was over... Locadia and Lukaku had a prolonged natter, again with their hands over their mouths. Why? Is it to stop the mikes picking up the conversation. Very strange. Anyone know why?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I watched our Greyhound have a long chat with Jose M with his gloved hand over his mouth. Same when the game was over... Locadia and Lukaku had a prolonged natter, again with their hands over their mouths. Why? Is it to stop the mikes picking up the conversation. Very strange. Anyone know why?

They were discussing their roles in the Sailsbury poisoning and didn't want Teresa May to lip read a confession

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This has been going on for years. And as mentioned above, it’s due to lip reading.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A bit like when Eubank used to be on his mobile. Not talking to anyone or saying anything except drivel but makes you look popular/interesting

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Because they are all utter morons. Can't stand this nonsense. Just talk normally - imagine the horror of one of the plebs that help pay your wages actually working out what you are saying.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Chris Hughton had his hand to his nose, when talking to Jose Mourinho earlier. Blame the press, who pay lip readers so they can print the words in their trashy papers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Same reason most players have tattoos plastered all the way up their arms. Because most of them just do what everyone else around them are doing.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Chris Hughton had his hand to his nose, when talking to Jose Mourinho earlier. Blame the press, who pay lip readers so they can print the words in their trashy papers.

Exactly this. Why do people feel the need to have yet another pop at the players, when it's the 'journalists' and idiots who read their shit who are to blame.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Kayal kindly didn't bother to cover his mouth when telling Martial to eff off after they squared up to each other. Always nice to see a bit of bite!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Kayal kindly didn't bother to cover his mouth when telling Martial to eff off after they squared up to each other. Always nice to see a bit of bite!

I noticed a good old fashioned Anglo Saxon from our man too. No lip reading required. Good lad. :lolol:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
To stop people lip reading I would imagine. Probably standard advice given to players these days.

Totally this, although I struggle to understand why there is a need to do this all the time if the conversation isn’t controversial unless the players can’t have a conversation without swearing !
:lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I watched the Bundesliga game afterwards and the Germans seem to be able to talk freely at the end of their games. I’m really not sure what they’re so worried about.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I watched the Bundesliga game afterwards and the Germans seem to be able to talk freely at the end of their games. I’m really not sure what they’re so worried about.

Do the German press ridicule their players like ours?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here