Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23’s vs Everton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Drab game in challenging conditions
Team not as per sheet.
30 min gone, Everton on top territorially, but after good work by George Cox, Skalak put us one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Drab game in challenging conditions
Team not as per sheet.
30 min gone, Everton on top territorially, but after good work by George Cox, Skalak put us one up.

2-0 Aaron Connolly after Alzate had chipped the ball back in after a Skalak free-kick was blocked

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good to hear Jiri is back playing after his injury.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
2-0 Aaron Connolly after Alzate had chipped the ball back in after a Skalak free-kick was blocked

Half-time. 2-0 Brighton
After the first goal Brighton took control playing some nice one touch football.
Connolly went very close to adding a third, after playing keepy-uppy with his back to goal, swivelling and shooting just over the bar.

Against the wind in the second half

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
20 home in second half, still 2-0.
Everton had a good spell, one cross shot tipped over by Sanchez. Connolly went close and Skalak forced a good save from the goalie.

Cox, Alzate and Connolly pick of our players. Skalak looking okay, not doing a lot wrong.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Interesting that Skalak is with u23s as we only have 2 wingers otherwise (unless Schelotto/Locadia will cover if required)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We left with 5 mins to go (bad fans).......

At the time it was still 3-0 (final score). Jose Baxter came on for Everton, and really laid into their players after another bad pass, which had led to Connolly breaking away for the umpteenth time.

Connolly was excellent, Cox played well and we really did control the game. Skalak looked strong after his injury and delivered some lovely crosses. Alzate really does look good on the ball and I hope he kicks on. However, I felt Mateju struggled and interestingly Bjordal wasn't his normal self. Gyorkeres touch was very poor, and I can't actually remember any time he passed to one of his own team, but then he scored at the end.

All very promising..... and a good performance.

Dallison always looks steady, but given the number of good CB's we have I do wonder whether he'll get another contract (which is a shame).

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I left on 25 mins coz me nuts were frozen solid sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thanks a lot for the updates and content - I take an interest in how young lads develop.

No wait. I mean, our young lads. It’s different when it’s your own.

No I mean, as footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here