Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The official thread of this seasons memories already nearly forgotten.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A clunky way of saying,

Blooming heck I'd pretty much forgotten about this:-

[tweet]934450804630712321[/tweet]

It's been a hell of a season, so far, if I couldn't properly remember a fantastic double save at Old Trafford.

Begging the question - what else can the yoof on here, remind us old fogis about from this season, while we reminisce about Dean Wilkins' free-kick, like it were yesterday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t worry, that nice Mr Barber will have a dvd ready for you at the end of term so no need to remember anything (£14.95 plus a free poster of Muzza)

Personal highlights so far

-West Ham away, all of it. Fantastic night
-knocking Palace out of the cup
-Ryan’s penalty save and Dunk’s tackle at Stoke when we thought the game was lost
-Jose’s goal at Stoke (GOTS so far for me)
-Final whistle and GOSBTS at home to Arsenal

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I may have had a wine or two, but so far this season has been f***ing great. Just need to finish it off now :thumbsup:

A 17th place and a cheeky cup win would be good.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
First goal against West Brom

A rare occurrence but I'm in total agreement with you. The entire stadium giving the loudest collective roar heard there for many a game, partly in normal celebration but mainly to release all that tension that had been building from the moment we entered the PL. We'd been written off before the season had started by absolutely everyone outside the club with their ready-made assumptions based on nothing more concrete than not knowing the players, the chairman or our recent history.

Further proof of the lazy assumptions being passed off as expert analysis were the bookies' odds for which manager would be sacked first. Hughton was right up there according to them. Even if we'd started as Palace did, the vast majority of Brighton fans would still have backed Hughton and more importantly we all know Bloom would too. A chairman that remained loyal to a manager like Sami Hyypia isn't the type of chairman to get the wobbles with a manager of Hughton's calibre and class. The widespread ignorance of English football outside the PL bubble, even of the Championship, from so many 'experts' has been a real eye-opener.

If we can survive this season, with the incredibly successful and shrewd transfers we've made, we'll have the important stuff in place to keep improving and even possibly thrive in this league for a few seasons to come....but the belief that we are in this league on merit all started with that first West Brom goal.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
James Tarkowski elbowing Glenn Murray off the ball. Not noticed by the ref so no penalty given. 3 match retrospective ban issued. One of the two goes on to be selected in an England squad.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seeing this right in front of me. Thank goodness Knockaert's leg was off the ground.

giphy.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of my favourite memories comes from the very first match of the season. It's not every day you get the chance to sing "Jesus Is A Wanker" at the top of your voice :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of my favourite memories comes from the very first match of the season. It's not every day you get the chance to sing "Jesus Is A Wanker" at the top of your voice :lol:

Boom, I was beginning to think Maty's double save was the only memory I was missing, until now.

I'd forgotten about that even though I laughed so hard in the FS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here