Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huge FIre in South Portslade

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Thick smoke all the way up Benfield Valley, major incident by the looks of it.

Yes. Just on Hove seafront now. Plumes of smoke drifting towards the city. Must have seen about five fire engines going in that direction. Going to take awhile to put it out

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes. Just on Hove seafront now. Plumes of smoke drifting towards the city. Must have seen about five fire engines going in that direction. Going to take awhile to put it out

Looks to me that it must be where the timber merchants / magnet place is toward the East end of the basin opposite the petrol station. Wind blowing a steady Southerly so the smoke is covering Mile Oak and Hangleton too.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looks to me that it must be where the timber merchants / magnet place is toward the East end of the basin opposite the petrol station. Wind blowing a steady Southerly so the smoke is covering Mile Oak and Hangleton too.

That wasn't a bad geographical guess Bold!

28947022_1746595158694735_881341204353091937_o.jpg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I work in the harbour and just had a call to say hang off for now. I've started working at home. Not sure how long it's all going to be closed off.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hazardous materials police moving bystanders away. Told to get indoors shut Windows.

It is Hove, actually. Think of my property price.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hazardous materials police moving bystanders away. Told to get indoors shut Windows.

It is Hove, actually. Think of my property price.

Buzz On Boundary, an ever reliable source of local facts and news reporting it as an explosion followed by intense fire. Sirens still going.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I work in the harbour and just had a call to say hang off for now. I've started working at home. Not sure how long it's all going to be closed off.

Still huge plumes of smoke coming from it, I'm up near Old Shoreham Road and it is thick smoke travelling north. Still emergency vehicles racing to the site.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Every road off church road to seafront closed
b82a593f40328c136af7a909976d34a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here