Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A (rare?) bit of praise for Supporter Services

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I know moaning about the club is popular on here, but I've just had a rather unexpectedly efficient bit of customer service from them, so to redress the balance somewhat...

Went to renew my season ticket this morning & remembered it's in my old (pre-married) name, so tried to change it online. Turns out you can't make changes via the website. So I rang supporter services, got straight through, and was advised to email through details with proof of name change.

Within thirty minutes I've had a reply back saying it's all been changed over, and a new card is in the post to me for next year: plus it seems I haven't even been charged for the privilege (I didn't dare ask about that on the phone in case it gave them ideas :) ).

I sort of thought they'd be really busy today as it's the final day for ST renewals, and if other people are anything like me, they'll be clinging on to their six hundred quid or so until the last possible minute. And I know changing a name on their system isn't a massively complex enterprise for them, but as we all know, sometimes these things can turn into an absolute saga.

So, y'know, credit where it's due. Very impressed (little things, eh?) :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can kinda see where your desire to praise comes from (to redress the balance etc)...however...another way of looking at the same piece of news is....

"it's newsworthy that the club managed to change a now married woman's surname with no real bother. Yay - they managed to meet the absolute minimum service levels one could reasonably expect! Woop woop.". Put in those terms, it's not that praiseworthy, is it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I can kinda see where your desire to praise comes from (to redress the balance etc)...however...another way of looking at the same piece of news is....

"it's newsworthy that the club managed to change a now married woman's surname with no real bother. Yay - they managed to meet the absolute minimum service levels one could reasonably expect! Woop woop.". Put in those terms, it's not that praiseworthy, is it?

I think that's kind of my point here. I was genuinely so surprised that this seemingly simple and cost-free task was carried out by the Albion in a simple and cost free way, I felt the need to shout it from the rooftops.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In all the dealings I've had with them they've been very helpful and quick to sort out whatever it was. Broke my ankle last season and couldn't get to my season ticket seat, they changed location for me for the remainder of the season. No fuss. Nothing but praise for them from me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

And I too can see where you’re coming from. The way they’ve operated for some time now could well lead people to believe the very minimum constitutes good service. Profit Paul will no doubt be looking to see if he can close this loophole in future.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I know moaning about the club is popular on here, but I've just had a rather unexpectedly efficient bit of customer service from them, so to redress the balance somewhat...

Went to renew my season ticket this morning & remembered it's in my old (pre-married) name, so tried to change it online. Turns out you can't make changes via the website. So I rang supporter services, got straight through, and was advised to email through details with proof of name change.

Within thirty minutes I've had a reply back saying it's all been changed over, and a new card is in the post to me for next year: plus it seems I haven't even been charged for the privilege (I didn't dare ask about that on the phone in case it gave them ideas :) ).

I sort of thought they'd be really busy today as it's the final day for ST renewals, and if other people are anything like me, they'll be clinging on to their six hundred quid or so until the last possible minute. And I know changing a name on their system isn't a massively complex enterprise for them, but as we all know, sometimes these things can turn into an absolute saga.

So, y'know, credit where it's due. Very impressed (little things, eh?) :thumbsup:

Don't these calls cost 10p/min? How long were you on the phone for?

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Called them numerous times re 1901 probs and ticket switch overs and always been very helpful and efficient!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Coming across as sarcastic and unnecessary when the “team” is doing so well. Have a read of your signature ��

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Always found them helpful over the last few years, even if it took them two attempts to reinstate my season ticket after it got mysteriously blocked for the first two home games of the season!

el punal

It probably is if they have to deal with you. :D

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Sadly Goldstone is correct.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Coming across as sarcastic and unnecessary when the “team” is doing so well. Have a read of your signature ��

Have a look at my signature? You mean I should get back in my box [woman] and refrain from expressing personal opinions because you don't agree with them?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloomin' LOVE Supporter Services me, assuming they're even still called that.

They once replaced my ST on the spot for no charge at all for no other reason than I got John Prescott's signature on the back of me card at Falmer station (supplied his own pen and everything!) Showed them the card and told them I'd quite like to keep it as a memento. Big cheers for that :clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here