Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Send your name to the Sun with NASA

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A bit of fun for you or the kids. NASA are sending a probe to the Sun in the summer and your name or the name of someone you know can be added to a microchip ( free of charge ) that will be on the probe. Once you sign up they even send a certificate to download with the name on. Great idea to get the kids involved in space science.

NASA is inviting people around the world to submit their names online to be placed on a microchip aboard NASA’s historic Parker Solar Probe mission launching in summer 2018. The mission will travel through the Sun’s atmosphere, facing brutal heat and radiation conditions — and your name will go along for the ride.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddar...-aboard-nasa-s-first-mission-to-touch-the-sun

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds good.

What's the betting that Smith is no longer the most common English name, but Hunt is?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No need. My wife's maiden name was Misun, and we double-barrelled when we got married. So me, her and the kids already have "misun" in our surname.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No need. My wife's maiden name was Misun, and we double-barrelled when we got married. So me, her and the kids already have "misun" in our surname.

I'm really hoping that her parents christened her Carmen

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
**** the Prem, forget Europe, Russia is too dangerous, We're to good for Qatar BHAFC is hopefully gonna be the first team there

Capture.PNG

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Might confuse the probe if it has my name on it. Moon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here