Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, I must say the Josh Allen pick is a nice surprise, not an immediate need but couldn’t pass on a talent like that. We absolutely must get some tools for Foles now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watching the draft live, always great seeing all the hoopla and razzamatazz - First 8 draft selections:

Cardinals - Kyler Murray QB
49ers - Nick Bosa DE
Jets - Quinnen Williams NT
Raiders - Clelin Ferrell DE
Buccaneers - Devin White QB
Giants - Daniel Jones - QB, well we certainly need a new QB. I think it's a good choice - but he needs to be tested by an NFL defense. I think he will get a mixed reaction from Giants fans - but we will see.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028011/article/2019-nfl-draft-daniel-jeremiahs-pickbypick-analysis-for-round-1

Jags go for Josh Allen DE, nfl.com saying best player available and great value pick. Hockenson goes to the Lions

Thought it was a good choice for Giants, Eli clone with more mobility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well, I must say the Josh Allen pick is a nice surprise, not an immediate need but couldn’t pass on a talent like that. We absolutely must get some tools for Foles now.

Agree, would have liked a TE and a lot of the mock drafts had us taking Hockenson, but once Allen was still available it made sense to pick him as the best available player.

Time will tell on Kyler Murray I guess, but surprised Haskins was behind him and Jones.

Think the 49ers and Jets got their picks right picking up Bosa and Williams.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
For the first time in years I didn't bother with the Combine, or the build up to the Draft - & didn't watch any of it last night seeing as we werent on the board in the 1st. As a Cleveland fan that feels kinda liberating, but also slightly weird! Will certainly keep an eye on proceedings for day 2, but Im happy with how things are playing out so far in BrownsTown.

In the words of John Dorsey - "Im very happy to have Odell Beckham Jr as the 17th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft" :wink:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well it is not often that Redskins fans get to be happy with our front office, but they knocked the first round out of the park. With Haskins falling to 15 the pick seemed a sensible move. Delighted with Haskins and over the moon about Sweat. Two major needs taken care of in RD 1. Now we only need a Guard, Wide Receiver, Safety, Corner and a Tight End!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agree, would have liked a TE and a lot of the mock drafts had us taking Hockenson, but once Allen was still available it made sense to pick him as the best available player.

Time will tell on Kyler Murray I guess, but surprised Haskins was behind him and Jones.

Think the 49ers and Jets got their picks right picking up Bosa and Williams.

Jawaan Taylor is still waiting for a call, he was the clear favourite amongst mock drafts to be our #7, wouldn’t be surprised if we snagged him, but as I said, unless Foles gets any weapons we’re going to really struggle.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not too impressed as a Seahawks fan.

A lot of typical Schneider/Carroll trading and bartering, to end up with just one first round pick – defensive end LJ Collier – who nobody really predicted or fancied that much. Reading the reports and reactions, I'm not convinced.

On the plus side, we went into the Draft with just 4 picks, but now have 8 to play with tomorrow, including a bunch of 4th rounders. We need to make good use of those, or the net effect of trading Frank Clark to the Chiefs last week will be pretty negative, even if we pretty much had to for salary cap purposes.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York tabloids less than impressed

Blue who rev.jpg

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
We've ****ed Josh Rosen here. Only places i can see him going now is Dolphins, Chargers or Pats - and not for a high pick. Still not totally sure how i feel about Murray either. Only time can tell

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Game Pass had the draft replays in full and 45 minute version. After avoiding it for the day the only pain was the screen saver of Murray holding an Arizona shirt.

I loved the Raiders picks and Washington, New York getting QB's (seems to leave Rosen stranded).

Some good players still on the board for round two, I thought Denver were all over Lock QB and the brilliantly named Rock Ya-Sin must be Raiders bound with a name like that.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Ed Oliver (Bills) looks like an absolute beast. Might be time to retire my faded Bruce Smith jersey and pick up the Oliver jersey. Great to see someone that excited to be coming to the Bills. If he somehow plants Brady into the turf in week 4 the Ralph..er .. New Era will go crazy.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jawaan Taylor is still waiting for a call, he was the clear favourite amongst mock drafts to be our #7, wouldn’t be surprised if we snagged him, but as I said, unless Foles gets any weapons we’re going to really struggle.

...and we get our man Jawaan. To be able to get him as a legit second round pick without having to make any trades when there was talk of taking him first round is great. Don't know much about Josh Oliver but we're filling the right positions so very happy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
...and we get our man Jawaan. To be able to get him as a legit second round pick without having to make any trades when there was talk of taking him first round is great. Don't know much about Josh Oliver but we're filling the right positions so very happy.

Superb pick, delighted with the draft so far. Oliver was the 7th ranked TE so should be reasonable, probably an improvement on what we have anyway. Highlights suggest he’s a catch and run TE rather than a blocker which is precisely what we needed.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just watched round 2/3 on replay.

The Rosen deal was exciting, it even felt like the Dolphins could have held out even more. Feels like the West Ham ground deal, they get him on a three year deal where Arizona play 70% of his wages.

The Dolphins only have to lay out 2 million dollars a year for a possible franchise QB. Lets hope he gets a chance to show his quality.

Denver just traded straight up for Lock QB as well, could do well learning under Flacco.

18 trades as well, Vikings involved almost in them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here