Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion Subbuteo Teams

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Still got my original treble winning Albion Subbuteo team from when I was a kid, although the keeper has lost hand. :albion2:

Oct 25, 2003
I wonder if subbuteo will ever make a "retro" comeback/reboot?

was well into it as a kid and I think even then I was behind the curve, can't even imagine how you guys in your 40's and 50's feel about it

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The detail is astoni... RUDDY SHOCKING.

(Black boots - in 2018!)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Did anyone catch the end of 'Put your money where your mouth is' yesterday. At the end they were selling a retro Subbuteo set (large brown ball, League goals) where the chap was looking for £30 but was offered £20. They then decided on if a penalty was scored it would be £20 and if missed £30.

BUT the person taking the penalty flicked the player with the aid of his thumb. From my memory of playing Subbuteo this is against the rules, but typical BBC just totally ignored the rule infringement.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did anyone catch the end of 'Put your money where your mouth is' yesterday. At the end they were selling a retro Subbuteo set (large brown ball, League goals) where the chap was looking for £30 but was offered £20. They then decided on if a penalty was scored it would be £20 and if missed £30.

BUT the person taking the penalty flicked the player with the aid of his thumb. From my memory of playing Subbuteo this is against the rules, but typical BBC just totally ignored the rule infringement.

Yep, Strictly against the rules.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

was well into it as a kid and I think even then I was behind the curve, can't even imagine how you guys in your 40's and 50's feel about it

Oiii and 60's! We used to have a whole Subbuteo League at the school I went to, it really was that popular. I have to admit that l didn't think these figures were being made anymore, so perhaps there is hope of a revival, even if it is a very limited one.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully

Yes, yes, yes... But did he score?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Happy memories of playing most evenings in the 1950's. Sadly gave my set, including my Albion team, with the felt playing cloth to the toy museum in Brighton. Hope they still have it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here