Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women Talking

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Currently 1hr 35 minutes into a train journey.

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

How do women do this? If nothing else don’t their jaws get tired?

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
My Missus marvels at how I have learnt to grunt, mmmm, uhh huh, yep in all the right places. My mind is now attuned to tonality that recognises when I must make some sort of interjection despite not having taken in any of it....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It never ceases to amaze me how women phone each other up "for a chat". Never in all my days have I EVER picked up the phone to call a mate for a general chat, and if anyone I know ever did, I'd probably hang up. Like any normal man, I only use the phone when ABSOLUTELY necessary, and will avoid it if at all possible. Arrangements for pub/football etc can quite easily be done within half a dozen words in a text message. I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
My Missus marvels at how I have learnt to grunt, mmmm, uhh huh, yep in all the right places. My mind is now attuned to tonality that recognises when I must make some sort of interjection despite not having taken in any of it....

I was thinking this yesterday! My other half jabbers on for ages when I have the footie on and I manage to get away with feigning just enough interest so as not to be rude without ever really hearing what she is talking about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A short while after me and a 'professional talker' split up we met up again.

She started talking, I listened intently.
I then had an epiphany and thought 'wow I know longer have to listen to this'.
She carried on.
Eventually silence fell on the room, and I was clear I was required to answer.
I had a 50/50 chance and said 'no'.

It took me about a week for trawling through my subconscious, before I finally 'heard' the question.

'shall we get back together?'

I'd have said yes if I was listening. :lol: :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'd think the well would eventually run dry on things to talk about, but women just seem to have an endless supply.

We've come home before from a night out with friends, and she'll get on the phone to someone WHO WE HAVE JUST SPENT THE WHOLE EVENING WITH to carry on the conversation with one of the bints. At least it leaves me in peace to watch MOTD though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A short while after me and a 'professional talker' split up we met up again.

She started talking, I listened intently.
I then had an epiphany and thought 'wow I know longer have to listen to this'.
She carried on.
Eventually silence fell on the room, and I was clear I was required to answer.
I had a 50/50 chance and said 'no'.

It took me about a week for trawling through my subconscious, before I finally 'heard' the question.

'shall we get back together?'

I'd have said yes if I was listening. :lol: :facepalm:

Lucky for her then.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

and at the pub preferably. where we probably make up for it with all the codshite we talk :lolol:

was on train recently and two women were gassing on across half the length of the carriage. started as a "hi ya", before we had their full knowledge of work and personal problems for half hour.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me how women phone each other up "for a chat". Never in all my days have I EVER picked up the phone to call a mate for a general chat, and if anyone I know ever did, I'd probably hang up. Like any normal man, I only use the phone when ABSOLUTELY necessary, and will avoid it if at all possible. Arrangements for pub/football etc can quite easily be done within half a dozen words in a text message. I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

Don't forget the innumerable number of "just checking in" calls during the working day. Knowing nods from all the lads on here I suspect...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Currently 1hr 35 minutes into a train journey.

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

How do women do this? If nothing else don’t their jaws get tired?

You think that's bad, I had two next to me the other day all the way from Lewes to London Bridge who were literally just talking about how their colleague managed the company's flight bookings.

Fred likes to fly out on Tuesdays, but it's easier to book if you call first. But then you've got to take into account the cost of the hotel... etc. etc. for an hour.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My Mrs works 6 hours a day. She has, on many occasions, spent the next 8 hours telling me about her day.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whenever I see my mum she takes great pleasure in telling me about all her friends lives, those I have not and will not ever meet [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The thing which amazes me is they even do it when they're hungover. There's been a few occasions when I've got the train from Brighton on a Sunday morning and there's been a group of women clearly on their way back from a hen weekend. They talk to each other at full volume, laughing about the weekend's festivities and complaining about how hungover they are. Contrast that to a group of blokes on their way back from a stag weekend. Silence, interrupted by the occasional grunt. There's no way I'm engaging in small talk when I'm hungover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here