Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Absolutely love this doc although it and many other fly on wall docs. are systematically ruining the drama shows where the feds interview the perps and often get full confessions, I’m assuming “no comment “ was all that was said in this episode?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Absolutely love this doc although it and many other fly on wall docs. are systematically ruining the drama shows where the feds interview the perps and often get full confessions, I’m assuming “no comment “ was all that was said in this episode?

No comment.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Pretty grim watching tonight. Normally enjoy this brilliant series but with a 3 year old girl happily asleep upstairs this one was a bit much for me so switched over.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've noticed with these sort of programmes it's always an arrogant Asian young man..?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
The programme last week, just caught up with it, I thought the lady detective was very unprofessional in the interview of the 15 year old, got far too personally involved with the suspect, was talking to him like she was his mum.

As unpleasant as the offence was, it's the job of the interviewing detectives to wheedle out the truth or to expose the lies and remain aloof of the emotional dimension, not to express their emotions or disdain for the suspect however worthy of disdain they may be.

PS I don't disagree with her feelings.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Last weeks episode, the child protection officer who ... no, too much of a spoiler. I thought she was unbelievably admirable, deserves a programme all about her own work.

She was amazingly articulate and never lost her cool even when tackling the most loathsome criminals. From the evidence of the programme she did a huge amount of work to nail a crime family, without the support she felt she needed - from a jobsworth police system.

If this programme is true this WPC deserves an MBE for what she does.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Monday's episode was one of the best imho. I was so happy when the arrogant sod got banged up eventually.

I can not believe the bare face cheek of some people.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Monday's episode was one of the best imho. I was so happy when the arrogant sod got banged up eventually.

He had all the answers though didn't he? Typical wealthy **** that looks down on everyone else

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I think he genuinely didn't think that it would be something that was going to involve the police. Hence half of the missing items still being stored in his cellar!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

The one with the really wealthy Irish Bloke ? - If so I laughed when he asked for a letter of apology to be sent to him and the GMC, just before he knew how much evidence they had on him. Then when he got all ''Uppety'' in the police station about them not using the correct title of Mr in stead of Dr - I almost weeeeeed my pants laughing because he still hadn't realised the gravity of the situation. He sort of thought. Oh well I didn't try to rob a bank of £250K with a sawn off shotgun it was sort of OK to rob an insurance company over the phone of £250K.

Wealthy people steal more £ for £ in this country than the poor do

For every single mother who shoplifts a tin of beans to feed her kids. There needs to be £250,000 of them to even out that guys theft the other night on that programme.

The only draw back for him going to jail is that because he was a Surgeon the operation waiting lists on the NHS probably got longer.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I think he genuinely didn't think that it would be something that was going to involve the police. Hence half of the missing items still being stored in his cellar!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
75fe746a2e30a5a179212a8e4a71d26a.jpg

Viscount Dave legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here