Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d like to have seen “my boy’s ever such a good boy” Mum banged up. He stabbed someone fifteen times you daft hag. Probably just upset that it’s one less benefit payment coming in. At least she can still visit him in prison, unlike the other Mother. It was all very council estatey, which is always intriguing.

The fake surprise of the Aunty too. “Oh what’s he doing here”? In the made-up bed in the lounge. Scum in their DNA.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wouldn’t recommend this one to anyone. Pathetic sentence for in my mind a crime as bad as murder. Robbed a child of any life what so ever.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend this one to anyone. Pathetic sentence for in my mind a crime as bad as murder. Robbed a child of any life what so ever.

And couldn’t even bring a charge on the first one as they couldn’t pin down the one they thought might have done it!

All very sad …

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've given up on this series
I don't expect to be cheery viewing but this is the bleakest TV I've ever seen. The two parter was the end point, I'll swerving this week's

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That was a tough one. I had literally just put our 8 month old son down to bed (the first time I've managed to put him down awake and watch him fall asleep on his own).....came down stairs feeling triumphant, watched 10 mins of that and instantly went back upstairs to check he was OK as in my mind I started panicking that he had gone to bed nicely because something was wrong.

Felt sick all through that episode.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And couldn’t even bring a charge on the first one as they couldn’t pin down the one they thought might have done it!

All very sad …

I thought the law was changed some while ago so that if parents who killed/injured/neglected their kid blamed each other, or both remained silent, they were both held to be equally culpable and they both got sent down.

A bit of it:-

The offence of causing or allowing the death or serious physical harm of a vulnerable adult or child was introduced to cover cases where a child has died or been badly hurt but there is insufficient evidence to prove who committed the act.

“In such cases, before the introduction of this legislation, neither defendant could be found guilty of murder, manslaughter or assault and so nobody would be held accountable. The guideline reflects the aims of the legislation, including, for example, the aggravating factor of an offender blaming others for the offence,” the council said.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...-abusers-who-try-to-shift-blame-england-wales

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I thought the law was changed some while ago so that if parents who killed/injured/neglected their kid blamed each other, or both remained silent, they were both held to be equally culpable and they both got sent down.

The offence of causing or allowing the death or serious physical harm of a vulnerable adult or child was introduced to cover cases where a child has died or been badly hurt but there is insufficient evidence to prove who committed the act.

“In such cases, before the introduction of this legislation, neither defendant could be found guilty of murder, manslaughter or assault and so nobody would be held accountable. The guideline reflects the aims of the legislation, including, for example, the aggravating factor of an offender blaming others for the offence,” the council said.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...-abusers-who-try-to-shift-blame-england-wales

Thanks for the link. It mentions 'draft guidelines' but I couldn't see anything about timescales to get it into law ... so not sure if it has.

The comment from the police officer leading the case suggests to me that it hasn't changed yet ... in the words of that officer, "If they don't tell you what's happened, you've got nothing. If I can't prove who committed that injury, I can't charge anyone. That's the law".

That seems so wrong to me and I hope the proposed change hasn't got lost!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Most of it is sentencing powers - so someone has to be found guilty first and then get a heftier sentence when it’s found the blaming of another is incorrect.

For the other offence of causing / allowing it has to be shown that the offender foresaw there was a chance of serious injury or death by the actions of the other and then allowed it to continue.. Neither case last night would have fit the criteria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here