Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018 who's the flairest of them all? QF: Calderon vs O'Callaghan

Quarter Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
so here we are, the first of our quarter finals. An addition to this round and furthermore is that VOTES WILL BE PUBLIC

think about what 'flair' means in this context- this isn't a popularity contest, you're not voting for your favourite player here, you're voting for the most flair

Inigo Calderon
Nationality: Spanish (Basque)
Position: Right Back
Albion Career: 2010-16 (198 apps 18 goals)
Flair Profile: local hero. Great appearance/cheeky smile. Top bloke. Scored with his face
Story so far: 1st in Round 1Group A(64 votes), 1st in Sweet 16 Group A (55 votes)
calde thumb.jpg.gallery.jpg

VS

George O'Callaghan
Nationality: Irish
Position: Midfielder
Albion Career: 2007 (14 apps 0 goals)
Flair Profile: Sulky. Disinterested. Awful attitude. Definite party animal
Story so far: 3rd in Round 1 Group D (7 votes), 2nd in Sweet 16 Group B (16 votes)
George-OCallaghan.jpg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
O'Callaghan drove through a red light in Cork at 2:40am on 13 October 2004, and upon his arrest admitted that he had "had seven or eight pints, a few shots and a few cocktails". It took three years before his case went to court, at which point the court handed him a €300 fine and gave him a two-year driving ban; he stated that "I have learned from my mistake"

Flair!

Oct 25, 2003
O'Callaghan drove through a red light in Cork at 2:40am on 13 October 2004, and upon his arrest admitted that he had "had seven or eight pints, a few shots and a few cocktails". It took three years before his case went to court, at which point the court handed him a €300 fine and gave him a two-year driving ban; he stated that "I have learned from my mistake"

Flair!

yeh but Calderon once had a ball kicked into its face and it ended up going in so....:shootself

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's a shame the group stages weren't public - I'd like to have seen the goons who voted for popularity and quality over actual flair (Mauricio Taricco and Bas Savage).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It's a shame the group stages weren't public - I'd like to have seen the goons who voted for popularity and quality over actual flair (Mauricio Taricco and Bas Savage).

This. Far too many people with no understanding that flair and actually being a great footballer are not always one and the same.

Oct 25, 2003
I'll repeat my O'Callaghan story once more

I saw him out on the lash

in a really shit bar in brighton

doing shots (possibly sambucca)

on a friday

we had a game on the saturday

he played

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Its tragic that so many quality candidates have exited this competition already and yet Izquierdo and Calderon remain in it. At least the rightful victor (he's alright) is still in the running I suppose.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It takes flair to do a triathlon for the hospice whilst on holiday. I don't care that it's a nice thing to do.

Ps, I didn't vote for Calde previously.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That just isn't flair at all. It's extremely nice, but isn't flair

I have a different opinion of the definition of flair. To me, flair means stylish.

flair
flɛː/Submit
noun
a special or instinctive aptitude or ability for doing something well.
"she had a flair for languages"
synonyms: aptitude, talent, gift, knack, instinct, natural ability, ability, capability, capacity, faculty, facility, skill, bent, feel, genius
"an activist with a flair for publicity"
stylishness and originality.
"she dressed with flair"
synonyms: style, stylishness, panache, verve, dash, elan, finesse, poise, elegance, sparkle, brio; More

Oct 25, 2003
It takes flair to do a triathlon for the hospice whilst on holiday. I don't care that it's a nice thing to do.

Ps, I didn't vote for Calde previously.

Completely irrelevant- it’s just a nice thing to do. This isn’t a “nicest players” competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Completely irrelevant- it’s just a nice thing to do. This isn’t a “nicest players” competition

I refer you to the dictionary definition of flair. Maybe your competition should be for bad boys of Brighton.

Oct 25, 2003
Strolling around the pitch, quietly muttering things like “what the **** am I doing here”, looking like he’d rather be doing literally anything else than play football at that time. Responding to managers instructions with comments like “yeh, whatever, you prick”, straight in the pub after the game

Gorgeous George

Oct 25, 2003
I refer you to the dictionary definition of flair. Maybe your competition should be for bad boys of Brighton.

The NSC definition of flair has been widely used for well over 10 years. Goes back to the Withdean era when we had very few skilful players and we had to get excited about the smallest things. It’s something unique to Brighton fans which is why threads like this don’t appear elsewhere

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here