Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton Fan Zone

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So much better than our weak efforts outside the Falmer, surely the club need to take note (West Brom setup also superb)

Don’t seem to have got it right yet IMO and we cant even put a roof on the bandstand!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So much better than our weak efforts outside the Falmer, surely the club need to take note (West Brom setup also superb)

Don’t seem to have got it right yet IMO and we cant even put a roof on the bandstand!

I have been to these games as well. If you take the overall setup, Amex V Hawthorns V Goodison, I know which one I prefer. Think away fans at the Albion would probably agree with me.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I only go to watch my team play rather than for the entertainment outside, not sure why we have it at all

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I have been to these games as well. If you take the overall setup, Amex V Hawthorns V Goodison, I know which one I prefer. Think away fans at the Albion would probably agree with me.

The overall experience? I would agree.

Pre match I beg to differ. Speaking to some Coventry fans a few weeks back who arrived by coach to The Amex at 1pm, very little going on outside the ground, options for having a beer limited (couldn’t take kids in Dicks Bar) no outside toilet facilities if you do want to enjoy a beer outside, no shelter when raining and expensive food options.

Compare that to Everton, easy access to bars, large cover from the elements, selection of food outlets, competitions for fans, live music, interviews with players past and present and a dedicated presenter on stage. A much better facility IMO.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought it was a pretty good effort. The provision of toilets and easy access to the bar gave it plus points over the Amex fanzone. Also given the non-existent facilities inside the ground the Everton fanzone provided a relaxed place to enjoy the prematch build-up, to have the great lost signing Kanchelskis (#holdthenerve) as the guest was the icing on the cake. The cheers for the Albion team being read out were humorously received by the host as well. Well done EFC.

Great potential for a better fanzone at the amex in my opinion. Having secured a licence for the entire concourse going most of the way down to the station there is room to expand our current effort. If we can stay up then maybe additional funds can be invested in to it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Compare that to Everton, easy access to bars, large cover from the elements, selection of food outlets, competitions for fans, live music, interviews with players past and present and a dedicated presenter on stage. A much better facility IMO.
Did they have toilets though?

I agree with the gist of the thread.

Reached a fresh nadir for me a couple of weeks ago with the junior school choir who were only afforded one microphone between them and stood on a bandstand that is obviously designed to have a roof on but for some reason doesn't - unbelievably cheapskate and rubbish.

I would very much like Barber to get a grip of this particular aspect of the matchday experience, but won't hold my breath. #LeaveItToTheProfessionals

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
inside the ground we have it nailed, outside is different don't know if club wants us outside we have huge concourses, plenty of outlets to use , however externally choice is limited AND NO POXY TOILETS -------- jeez !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe Tom Gorringe really wanted a big fanzone thing at the Amex when he took on his role with the club, including Albion-ising (my word) the approach from the station so that as soon as you got off the train (or walked over the bridge anyway) you would have no doubt about where you were.

I'm not sure if planning/licensing etc or lack of senior support/apathy are the reasons that very little progress was made with any of that, and Tom has since moved on to Bristol Rovers.

It does feel a real opportunity missed to date though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never underestimate some on NSC and their ability to attack the club (and naturally Barber-out) on a Monday morning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never underestimate some on NSC and their ability to attack the club (and naturally Barber-out) on a Monday morning.

I'm certainly not attacking anyone. I just recall Tom's enthusiasm to really make something of the outer concourse areas at the Amex, but I also have a vague recollection that red-tape (council and/or National Rail and/or someone else) may have been a barrier in progressing those plans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm certainly not attacking anyone. I just recall Tom's enthusiasm to really make something of the outer concourse areas at the Amex, but I also have a vague recollection that red-tape (council and/or National Rail and/or someone else) may have been a barrier in progressing those plans.

It wouldn't surprise me if planning is at the route of this.
Failing that then I'd put it down to a 'slow progression', as opposed to 'it's not fair I want the same as Everton'.

We'd get exactly the same, on the flip side, 'what's the point of having all the action outside, while playing Burton Albion, Barber out'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here