Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seven away games and we haven’t scored...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I just realised I haven’t seen us score an away goal from seven attempts, can anyone else beat that ?

Leicester 2-0
Watford 0-0
Arsenal 2-0
Man U 1-0
Chelsea 2-0
Newcastle 0-0
West Brom 2-0

Just to calm the nerves, I’m only going to Liverpool from the remaining away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just realised I haven’t seen us score an away goal from seven attempts, can anyone else beat that ?

Leicester 2-0
Watford 0-0
Arsenal 2-0
Man U 1-0
Chelsea 2-0
Newcastle 0-0
West Brom 2-0

Just to calm the nerves, I’m only going to Liverpool from the remaining away games.

Can't be so specific with details, but I remember from my time living in Liverpool in the 60s and 70s my annual trips across the Mersey to Tranmere. All I can remember was Tranmere 2 Brighton 0 pretty much every year!. Just occasionally, by way of variety, I vaguely remember the occasional Tranmere 3 Brighton 0.

Happy days! (Not because the Albion lost, but because I was much younger back then!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Leicester 2-0
Watford 0-0
Arsenal 2-0
Man U 1-0
Chelsea 2-0
Newcastle 0-0
West Brom 2-0

I have done 7 as well.

Saw the victory at Swansea and the draw at Stoke. Watched the West Ham game in a bar in Munich.

The other 5 games have ALL been 2-0 defeats. Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, West Brom and Everton. In hindsight, I should have put a little "Insurance bet" on correct scores.

I probably won't be attending and more Aways this season. Burnley is prohibitively expensive to go to. City is now mid week and Palace is sold out. Not sure about Liverpool.

Anyway, I can do them next season. :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've only been to one away game.

Swansea...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think the club should GIVE you a ticket for Selhurst.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leicester
West Ham
Swansea
Man U
Spurs
Chelsea
West Brom
Stoke

....so mixed results for me. Hope to get to the rest (although can't make Palace and will depend on rearranged date for City)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This remind me of my son's away record, his first ever away was a 1-0 win at Birmingham in 2013. He went to a around 20 more aways before he saw his next win, the 3-0 win at West Ham earlier this season. Over half his life he'd been waiting for that!

Thought the curse was lifted, but of course his next few were Spurs, Man utd and Chelsea. Gonna try and take him to Burnley for another win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Leicester 2-0
Watford 0-0
Arsenal 2-0
Man U 1-0
Chelsea 2-0
Newcastle 0-0
West Brom 2-0

West Brom – 8
Palace – 7

No getting away from our away record being poor, although there are only 5 teams in the league that have conceded fewer goals than us away.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This remind me of my son's away record, his first ever away was a 1-0 win at Birmingham in 2013. He went to a around 20 more aways before he saw his next win, the 3-0 win at West Ham earlier this season. Over half his life he'd been waiting for that!

Thought the curse was lifted, but of course his next few were Spurs, Man utd and Chelsea. Gonna try and take him to Burnley for another win.
My son started going away in 2015/16, only been to Swansea this year, and his Albion away record is something like P15 W10 D3 L2 ...!! Not bad.

Jul 7, 2003
Back in the mid 90's we bumped into a northern based young Albion fan at a few away games. His Dad had moved up there and brought him up Albion. I remember him telling us that he had been watching Albion games when he could for three years and had yet to see us win. Needless to say, we encouraged him to stop going to games.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Back in the mid 90's we bumped into a northern based young Albion fan at a few away games. His Dad had moved up there and brought him up Albion. I remember him telling us that he had been watching Albion games when he could for three years and had yet to see us win. Needless to say, we encouraged him to stop going to games.

I think it was me. Did he have half an American accent?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here