Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hats off to the club

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Don't know if anyone else went to the free AITC men's health check up/advice at the stadium on Saturday. Had a comprehensive mole check for Melanomas by a dermatologist, also some good advice re prostate cancer as well as other conditions that chaps my age have to keep an eye out for.

Well done club and AITC

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just clearing up conflicting info about the PSA test for Prostate, and how to interpret the results trig. As a result am sorting one out at my GP's surgery not that I have any specific symptoms, just to be on safe side.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
If you detect Prostate cancer early enough it is not symptomatic. Only safe way to check with a raised PSA is a biopsy. Have a history, so any questions IM me.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Just bouncing this thread, :bounce: following last evenings #RealFullMonty on TV (I cannot see any other treads about the program). It was a bit of fun with a serious message. Great to see the celebs embracing the message, most who have experienced and been touched by testicular or prostate cancer in some way. I noticed the AITC men’s health check, but then promptly forgot all about it.

Having lost my dad 18 years ago to Prostate Cancer (he ignored the symptoms until it was far to late), experiencing symptoms myself, going though MRI's and targeted Biopsy's, I know how important it is to get checked and talk about it. Thankfully I'm clear of cancer (and long may that continue). Like Chris Hughton I wear the badge, support Prostate Cancer UK, and the Martlets. Would love to take part in a local ‘March for Men’ but they do not seem to get held down here. Maybe something for AITC to consider? a fun day, raise some cash with a serious message. All part of raising awareness in men’s health.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here