Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia on the wing?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Seems like a lot of people are fuming with Knockaert after yesterday and rightly so.... But I notice Locadia played on the wing at times at PSV. He certainly has the pace for it... Is he competition for March for the game vs Man Utd?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great idea, but we do need pace upfront, which is why CH went for him in the first place.
If GM cannot play, then that leaves Ulloa, who is in a similar mould.
I'm glad it's not my decision :)

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Depends. Hughton heavily relies on wingers doing the shift in at the back as well. Taken Izzie a few months to get up to speed with that so depends on how quick Locadia can acclimatise.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Depends. Hughton heavily relies on wingers doing the shift in at the back as well. Taken Izzie a few months to get up to speed with that so depends on how quick Locadia can acclimatise.

Given that when Locadia played in the Eredivisie, where they play a slow build up of play, which is similar to the Albion's (IMO), I wouldn't think it'll take him long to adjust.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems like a lot of people are fuming with Knockaert after yesterday and rightly so.... But I notice Locadia played on the wing at times at PSV. He certainly has the pace for it... Is he competition for March for the game vs Man Utd?

I’m not sure that he played as a winger, rather a forward on either flank in a front 3. I’ve been told by a Dutchman that he can’t defend so no good for us on the wing in our 4-4-1-1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great idea, but we do need pace upfront, which is why CH went for him in the first place.
If GM cannot play, then that leaves Ulloa, who is in a similar mould.
I'm glad it's not my decision :)
Any reason why GM can't play?

Locadia on the wing sounds like a good shout; I expect CH to go with March, though. Schelotto and Bruno also have the means to combine and work the RH side between them - just because it didn't work well once in a match where the whole team didn't work well, it doesn't mean it isn't an option now - but I still think March is the most likely to start..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Any reason why GM can't play?

Locadia on the wing sounds like a good shout; I expect CH to go with March, though. Schelotto and Bruno also have the means to combine and work the RH side between them - just because it didn't work well once in a match where the whole team didn't work well, it doesn't mean it isn't an option now - but I still think March is the most likely to start..

I didn't want to mention the I.N.J.U.R.Y word :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has he recovered from the injury he picked up in the Middlesbrough match ?

Even on 60% fitness, jiri will dominate in this poxy league.

As for locadia , Defo worth a go on the wing. He’s looked lively

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes lets play a player out of position.

Thankfully no one has yet mentioned restoring Bruno and moving Scheletto forward to reprise his role from the Huddersfield game.

Locadia does not have the defensive qualities that CH demands from his wide midfielders and will not be starting in midfield.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not sure that he played as a winger, rather a forward on either flank in a front 3. I’ve been told by a Dutchman that he can’t defend so no good for us on the wing in our 4-4-1-1.

He'd definitely need to defend on the wing for us and that's not where anyone wants him. March will go out wide. Back up will be Schelotto with Bruno back at RB, which won't be pretty but will make a lot more sense than wasting a quick striker in a genuine midfield role.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Baldock can play on the wing. Playing two wingers is not sacrosanct as we can only play on one wing at a time.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If not Solly, I'd rather see Gross at right midfield and Locadia going beyond Murray like Baldock did last year. Pascal doesn't have the same pace as AK, but he can certainly put in a deep cross.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I expect March to be in against United or possibly Bruno with Schellotto or even Rosenior who has played that position before at right midfield.

Neither has anyone raised the question. Will Dunk and Duffy play ? - Heaven forbid either of them picked up an injury or red card and missed the home matches against Leicester and Huddersfield

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here